Author Topic: Custom Number of Render Threads for Team Render  (Read 3112 times)

2019-09-04, 11:11:26

ficdogg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm trying to do some work while a render is on its way and in the preferences I set it to use only 4 of the 6 cores I have, but Corona doesn't seem to respect those settings. It still goes full on all the cores.
Is this a bug or is there a corona specific setting for this kind of thing that I'm missing?

2019-09-04, 13:57:20
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Note that there are two places to set this

1) For IR, in Preferences -> Corona, the "# of threads override". This won't affect final rendering.

2) For final renders, the standard "Custom Number of Render Threads" under Preferences -> Renderer

Which one had you set? And were those set before rendering began?

Or you mention this was for TR, so was this modified someplace else in this case?
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-09-04, 16:18:32
Reply #2

ficdogg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It's for a team render(animation) started through the render queue. It was already started.
"Custom Number of Render Threads" under Preferences -> Renderer -> Team Render" I changed it here, but after reading your post I think this may only control the number of threads if my machine is used as a render node for a job started on another PC.
I'll have to do some more tests once this render is complete.

For now, I simply untick my local machine from the team render machines window, and that works just fine, it removes my workstation from the rendering but it continues rendering on the other nodes, and when I'm done I tick the checkbox again, and it resumes rendering.

2019-09-04, 16:33:59
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi! Yes that value only changes it for the local machine, and pretty sure it can't be changed once a render is in progress too. You can of course do the same thing on the TR clients, in the TR Client (Machine -> Preferences -> Team Render).
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us