Author Topic: Disabled Cast Shadows works wrong!  (Read 5707 times)

2019-09-01, 21:17:56

Mohamad

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi every one
I was working on a project with 3ds max2020 & Corona 4.1 . I encountered this problem :
See the scene, There are 2 boxes and a corona sun as a light source. So I disable Cast Shadows (Object properties) for the red box.
The result is correct, But when I add reflection to white box material and reduce the glossiness, The shadow of red box appears! While "Cast Shadows" is still disabled!
See the attachments please :

2019-09-02, 11:17:29
Reply #1

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi,

I have recreated your scene today and I am unable to reproduce the same behaviour you are.
When I disable the "cast shadows" checkbox the shadows are no longer cast from the red box, no matter the glossiness value of the material on the second box.

So it seems like I could be missing a step to reproduce this issue. Would you be able to clarify your reproduction steps or provide a scene please?

Thanks,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2019-09-02, 23:39:11
Reply #2

Mohamad

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, Thanks for trying!
I did this test with 2 different version of corona & 3ds max: 
3dsMax 2020+ Corona 4.1
3DsMax 2019+ Corona 3.2
But the result was same. Please retry this and set reflection IOR for the secend box '999'. I think I played with this parameter .
Anyway I'll attach the file for you. (2020+Corona4.1). Please just hit f9 and see the result and check the "cast shadow" option to be sure.
Thanks

2019-09-03, 09:48:45
Reply #3

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi,

Thanks for the further information. Changine the IOR to above 10 in your scene caused the shadow to appear.

I'll forward this to the dev team.

Cheers,

Rowan

(Internal ID=393200241)
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!