Author Topic: Meditation Hall next to the Wetland | animation in progress  (Read 26497 times)

2019-07-28, 17:31:09

jms.lwly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • jms.lwly studio
An architectural short film, based on '湿地旁的禅修馆' - 'Meditation Hall next to the Wetland' by HIL Architects, China.

This is an on-going personal project, started because I hadn't animated anything for a few years and wanted to check I remembered how (this is also why most of the scenes are quite low-res... one day I'll get around to re-rendering at better quality/size) - an eternal Work in Progress... I keep finding new angles, so might add more if time allows!

Created using 3DS Max, Corona Renderer, Blackmagic Fusion and Final Cut Pro.

Soundtrack is 'Western Shores' by Philipp Weigl, licenced under CC BY 4.0 from FMA.
freemusicarchive.org/music/Philipp_Weigl - creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/legalcode

2019-07-29, 14:23:58
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
That's really great, I feel like meditating already! :)
Fingers crossed for smooth progress of this project. Can't wait to see the final version (the current one is great already).
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2019-07-30, 23:14:32
Reply #2

jms.lwly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • jms.lwly studio
That's really great, I feel like meditating already! :)
Fingers crossed for smooth progress of this project. Can't wait to see the final version (the current one is great already).

Thanks Maru for your kind words. Might be a while until I can next work on it - but I learnt a lot revisiting moving pictures, and it’s my first animation with Corona too. I also used Fusion for post production for the first time and it was super good, very much recommended!

2019-07-31, 02:38:53
Reply #3

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Mmmm... Nice one.
Me too, was highly impressed and greatly moved by architecture. Felt some of the soul Zumthor can engrave in space. 
Thanks for moving again ;)

Meditation Hall / HIL Architects (@ Archdaily)
« Last Edit: 2019-07-31, 02:42:42 by burnin »

2019-07-31, 08:27:33
Reply #4

jms.lwly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • jms.lwly studio
Mmmm... Nice one.
Me too, was highly impressed and greatly moved by architecture. Felt some of the soul Zumthor can engrave in space. 
Thanks for moving again

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!

The interesting twist with the film by the architect - I didn’t see it until I’d completed about 95% of my homage to the project (I’d only seen photos). The original film shows the rest of the spaces too, which I haven’t gotten around to detailing yet - ultimately my version was about remembering animation/post/editing - and also why it’s posted as WIP!

2019-07-31, 11:59:13
Reply #5

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Indeed it is. And honestly, makes it only more admirable :)

respect