Author Topic: Lots and lots of white blotches with new caustics  (Read 4760 times)

2019-07-25, 10:38:35

MarkusB.

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys,

i have an issue with the new caustics, getting tons of bright blotches in my rendering (see attachment).
I dont use any refractions caustics in the scene. Also the "Generate caustics from environment" is unchecked.
There is no HDRI used, which could have bad exposure.

Did anyone encounter something similar? As there are not really any parameters to tweak the caustics, I am a bit out of options :(

Thanks for any help
Markus

2019-07-25, 14:28:43
Reply #1

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi,

Are you using the latest version of Corona which is v4 HF1? If not could you please try with this version and see if this still persists.

If this persists then I think the best way for us to investigate would be if you could send over your scene, instructions on how to do this are in my signiture.

Thanks,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2019-07-25, 15:18:31
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Is it the same if you don't use region rendering, but render the whole frame instead?

Another possibility is to increase caustics quality, but that will also increase RAM usage and render times:
Enable the devel/debug mode: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/12000021288
Then go to Performance > Caustics solver settings
Increase "Max photons" from the default value of 5 000 to a higher one - for example 15 000. I would not recommend using more than 50 000 because you may easily run out of RAM, which can even result in crashing.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2020-12-28, 05:12:01
Reply #3

Sam2020

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I'm getting the same issue with Corona 6. Tried to increase max photons to 15,000 and it's rendering incredibly slow and there's still white fireflies. This wasn't an issue in Corona 5 and I didn't need to adjust the max photons either.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Sam

2021-01-08, 10:22:34
Reply #4

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I'm getting the same issue with Corona 6. Tried to increase max photons to 15,000 and it's rendering incredibly slow and there's still white fireflies. This wasn't an issue in Corona 5 and I didn't need to adjust the max photons either.
Any other ideas?

Are you region-rendering or rendering the full frame?
Could you share the scene with us?

You can use this uploader to host your files: https://corona-renderer.com/upload
Please note that there are two separate uploading options on that page:
1) Private uploader for files up to 256 MB ("Upload" button)
2) Alternative uploader for files up to 10 GB ("Upload using Dropbox" button at the bottom of the page)
Once the uploading is finished, please let me know which method you chose and what was the file name.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us