Author Topic: Corona Renderer 5 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 61902 times)

2019-08-01, 11:11:13
Reply #45

Tanakov

• Active Users
  • Corona is faster than diarrhea
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/Gringott
Not sure if its corona's fault buuut this never happend before I got the new daily so..

Scene is in Daily 5, my render node still has Corona 4.1.. ok ok but look at this light diference.

Light is not scaled or wierd in anyway

Im showing two different frames, but you get the idea.

Edit:
Same with updated version
« Last Edit: 2019-08-01, 11:33:48 by Tanakov »
Using Corona since 2014-01-02
https://www.behance.net/Gringott

2019-08-01, 11:49:20
Reply #46

tallbox

• Active Users
  • George Nicola
    • View Profile
    • Architectural Visualizations | TALLBOX
I have installed the latest daily build, and normal maps do not work as they are expected.
Architectural Visualizations / Deep work practitioner
https://www.tallboxdesign.com

2019-08-01, 11:51:31
Reply #47

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Hi all, something is going on with the latest build here as well, I have a scene which is stucked at "Rendering initial pass" and everything is completely blocked.

Turn off the new caustics solver resolves the case. Is very weird as yesterday it worked fine while I was testing my setup but then I added some new elements in the scene and now is not!!! I am trying to find which elements produce this kind of block.

Dionysios -

I found out that some 3D people from axyz and Renderpeople are causing the rendering block when caustics solver is on.
I am trying to investigate on this more.

Thanks,

Dionysios -

2019-08-01, 12:04:11
Reply #48

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Hi all, something is going on with the latest build here as well, I have a scene which is stucked at "Rendering initial pass" and everything is completely blocked.

Turn off the new caustics solver resolves the case. Is very weird as yesterday it worked fine while I was testing my setup but then I added some new elements in the scene and now is not!!! I am trying to find which elements produce this kind of block.

Dionysios -

I found out that some 3D people from axyz and Renderpeople are causing the rendering block when caustics solver is on.

Thanks,

Dionysios -

Found the problem!

Renderpeople use a CoronaLayeredMtl which seems not to be compatible with the new caustics solver!!!
Do you guys know anything about this? Is a temporary limitation or bug? (CoronaLayeredMtl + Caustics solver).

Thanks,

Dionysios -

2019-08-01, 13:19:35
Reply #49

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Not sure if its corona's fault buuut this never happend before I got the new daily so..

Scene is in Daily 5, my render node still has Corona 4.1.. ok ok but look at this light diference.

Light is not scaled or wierd in anyway

Im showing two different frames, but you get the idea.

Edit:
Same with updated version

Hi,

Are you able to send over your scene? We would like to investigate the differences.

Thanks,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2019-08-01, 13:21:47
Reply #50

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Found the problem!

Renderpeople use a CoronaLayeredMtl which seems not to be compatible with the new caustics solver!!!
Do you guys know anything about this? Is a temporary limitation or bug? (CoronaLayeredMtl + Caustics solver).

Thanks,

Dionysios -

Hi,

This sounds like a bug to me, we are aware of some crashes with Caustics in the last daily build. Are you able to send over the scene so we can investigate further?

Thanks,

Rowan
« Last Edit: 2019-08-01, 13:27:23 by rowmanns »
Send me your scene!

2019-08-01, 13:36:39
Reply #51

Tanakov

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Dionysios -

Thanks,

Dionysios -

Found the problem!

Thanks,

Dionysios -

There are several problems with Layered mat, try exporting object with Layered mat to FBX instant crash.

2019-08-01, 13:56:54
Reply #52

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Found the problem!

Thanks,

Dionysios -

Hi,

This sounds like a bug to me, we are aware of some crashes with Caustics in the last daily build. Are you able to send over the scene so we can investigate further?

Thanks,

Rowan

Hi Rowan, I sent you a PM message with the link.

Open the file, reload the maps (if necessary), hit render, BOOM! :)

Dionysios -

2019-08-01, 16:47:39
Reply #53

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
There are several problems with Layered mat, try exporting object with Layered mat to FBX instant crash.

Hi,

I'm not sure there is to much we can do about this. It seems that fbx in general is problematic and in this case it is most probably a limitation of the fbx file format which we don't have any control over.

Cheers,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2019-08-01, 17:01:58
Reply #54

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@rowmanns: The FBX exporter should report this during the process, not crash Max. So this (crashing Max) should be considered as a bug.

Best regards

2019-08-05, 10:31:54
Reply #55

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

@Proh, @Tanakov

I have tried to export an object with a layered material this morning and it didn't lead to any crash for me.

Can you provide me with a scene where this crash is present?

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2019-08-05, 12:39:44
Reply #56

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@rowmanns: I.m not yet on this daily build, and I haven't had this kind of crash, so I can't help you with a file. Hope Tanakov can...

2019-08-08, 09:27:55
Reply #57

Tanakov

• Active Users
    • View Profile

@Proh, @Tanakov

I have tried to export an object with a layered material this morning and it didn't lead to any crash for me.

Can you provide me with a scene where this crash is present?

Thanks,

Rowan

Please look for the files on bugtracker it was reported more than a year ago with files. (Same nickname, In case its no longer present please let me know)

2019-08-08, 09:35:18
Reply #58

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Please look for the files on bugtracker it was reported more than a year ago with files. (Same nickname, In case its no longer present please let me know)

Hi,

I am unable to find anything on the bug tracker. Do you have a reference number?

If not, then would you be able to send me the files?

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2019-08-08, 14:49:17
Reply #59

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile

I did not manage to reproduce any problems with Layered Mtl + Caustics in the 07.08 daily. Can you please elaborate? A simple scene would be great.
Or maybe it's already fixed?

Update: ok, it is fixed. :)
If anyone wants to try it, it won't hurt though!
« Last Edit: 2019-08-08, 15:32:11 by maru »
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us