Author Topic: Corona Renderer 5 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 60453 times)

2019-07-24, 08:43:53
Reply #30

Roman Divoky

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Hi Corona team

I saw on your roadmap that you've done memory optimisations (up to 87%) - are you able to elaborate on what that means specifically?  Like, if a job takes up 40gig ram, does that mean it would save up to 85% of the ram?  Main reason I ask as Im getting a new workstation soon and not sure whether to get 64 or 128 gig of RAM.  If such savings of ram occur across the board, then i dont see why anyone would need more than 32gig of ram

Its complete so is a daily expected soon?

Looking forward to this.

I just rendered a 24000 pixels wide image, 128 GB were barely enough, and the 96 GB ram on my render farm were not enough the nodes crapped out. this is after deleting most of what I can live without in the scene. The image rendered for 10 hrs then backburner timed out had to restart so I tweaked the time out timing to be 7000 hrs but this time it crashed a couple of times. I ended up sending it in slices and it used up to 60+ GB ram but I was able to use the render farm.
I am looking at those new 32GB sticks that Corsair launched. you never know when a client will want a 6 meters high billboard.
Hi, I'd say that for 6 m long billboard is 10 000 px image more than enough. I always use 1/10 ratio for bb images. You never look at billboards from one meter.

2019-07-24, 20:53:09
Reply #31

sprayer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You never look at billboards from one meter.
Even more for 6 meter there is no such printer and such photo paper size for printing in good quality, so it will print on banner fabric on which cannot be printed with high DPI

2019-07-26, 13:05:09
Reply #32

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Corona team

I saw on your roadmap that you've done memory optimisations (up to 87%) - are you able to elaborate on what that means specifically?  Like, if a job takes up 40gig ram, does that mean it would save up to 85% of the ram?  Main reason I ask as Im getting a new workstation soon and not sure whether to get 64 or 128 gig of RAM.  If such savings of ram occur across the board, then i dont see why anyone would need more than 32gig of ram

Its complete so is a daily expected soon?

Looking forward to this.

I just rendered a 24000 pixels wide image, 128 GB were barely enough, and the 96 GB ram on my render farm were not enough the nodes crapped out. this is after deleting most of what I can live without in the scene. The image rendered for 10 hrs then backburner timed out had to restart so I tweaked the time out timing to be 7000 hrs but this time it crashed a couple of times. I ended up sending it in slices and it used up to 60+ GB ram but I was able to use the render farm.
I am looking at those new 32GB sticks that Corsair launched. you never know when a client will want a 6 meters high billboard.
Hi, I'd say that for 6 m long billboard is 10 000 px image more than enough. I always use 1/10 ratio for bb images. You never look at billboards from one meter.

Probably but I decided to take the money and not argue with the client. It took me 25 years to learn not to argue with clients, they know what they know.
he said people will be right against it.
I myself think the printer guy will lower the resolution and then print rather than wait for it to process.
Take the money boys it is better than being smarter than your client.

2019-07-28, 18:26:32
Reply #33

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just spotted 2.5d displacement on the trello. Cant wait to see some comparisons :)

2019-07-31, 11:47:25
Reply #34

Tanakov

• Active Users
  • Corona is faster than diarrhea
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/Gringott
Instant crash as soon as I turn on caustics in this scene

Some of the lights have excluded objects, some of them have caustics off anyway.. crash

Should I send you something?
Using Corona since 2014-01-02
https://www.behance.net/Gringott

2019-07-31, 12:26:45
Reply #35

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH

Just had the same (+minidump), crash in Corona_Release.dll, access violation. Scene created in v4.1, rendered in v5 current daily + caustics enabled.

Edit:
And after resetting settings scene rendered, but then when pressing "Stop" I got a Unknown rendering exception.

Edit:
Minidump is uploaded as "1564569428_3dsmax-minidump-Frood-v5-daily-starting-render-with-Caustics.7z"

Good Luck

« Last Edit: 2019-07-31, 12:37:48 by Frood »
Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2019-07-31, 12:50:18
Reply #36

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile

Some of the lights have excluded objects, some of them have caustics off anyway.. crash

Hi,

Please can you send me your scene and a minidump, instructions on how to do this are in my signiture.

Just had the same (+minidump), crash in Corona_Release.dll, access violation. Scene created in v4.1, rendered in v5 current daily + caustics enabled.

Edit:
And after resetting settings scene rendered, but then when pressing "Stop" I got a Unknown rendering exception.

Edit:
Minidump is uploaded as "1564569428_3dsmax-minidump-Frood-v5-daily-starting-render-with-Caustics.7z"

Good Luck

Are you able to also send over your scene please?

Thanks,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2019-07-31, 13:08:05
Reply #37

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH

Maybe. Still investigating and trying to simplify. Another bad bad bug found which ist not exactly part of "Optimizations": Displacement gets calculated for hidden objects if they WOULD be visible in the view frustum it seems.

Good Luck

Edit: uploaded scene  "1564575655_v5-CausticsCrash-MixMaterial.7z". It's only one object inside :) Seems to be caused by a mix material.

« Last Edit: 2019-07-31, 14:22:09 by Frood »
Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2019-07-31, 14:10:37
Reply #38

Tanakov

• Active Users
  • Corona is faster than diarrhea
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/Gringott

Hi,

Please can you send me your scene and a minidump, instructions on how to do this are in my signiture.

Edit:

Edit:

Good Luck

Thanks,

Rowan

done
Using Corona since 2014-01-02
https://www.behance.net/Gringott

2019-07-31, 15:19:10
Reply #39

JViz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Behance
I installed latest build ..... it instantly crashed.... Aylright lets go back
Although a purist, my work is anything but.
https://www.behance.net/ImageInnate

2019-07-31, 16:38:42
Reply #40

smadiswelem

• Active Users
    • View Profile
crashing only when caustics on

2019-07-31, 17:01:28
Reply #41

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Build Jul 29

Corona normal map renders wrong preview in material editor. It looks like both, red and green channels are flipped and blue channel is missing completely.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2019-08-01, 09:05:09
Reply #42

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I installed latest build ..... it instantly crashed.... Aylright lets go back

Hi,

Can you provide some more information as to what you were doing when Corona crashed?

The information that we need can be found here: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000524006

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2019-08-01, 09:43:05
Reply #43

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Build Jul 29

Corona normal map renders wrong preview in material editor. It looks like both, red and green channels are flipped and blue channel is missing completely.

Hi,

Thanks for reporting, I have confirmed this and sent it on to our dev team.

Cheers,

Rowan

(Internal ID=381028280)
Send me your scene!

2019-08-01, 10:59:59
Reply #44

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Hi all, something is going on with the latest build here as well, I have a scene which is stucked at "Rendering initial pass" and everything is completely blocked.

Turn off the new caustics solver resolves the case. Is very weird as yesterday it worked fine while I was testing my setup but then I added some new elements in the scene and now is not!!! I am trying to find which elements produce this kind of block.

Dionysios -
« Last Edit: 2019-08-01, 11:08:16 by Dionysios.TS »