Author Topic: Bump setting moved up  (Read 6125 times)

2019-06-05, 09:26:22

Tok_Tok

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello,

The value setting for Bump mapping is all the way down to the bottom, while this is one of the settings I changed the most. It's really annoying having to scroll down while, for the most time, I only work with the top settings. Can there also be a setting for Bump mapping at the top of the materials settings?

Thanks. :)
« Last Edit: 2019-06-05, 11:05:12 by Tok_Tok »

2019-06-05, 15:26:43
Reply #1

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
That's a good request. I find myself scrolling a lot only to check which bump map a material uses or what intensity it's at.
+1!

2019-06-07, 21:32:29
Reply #2

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
hh, funny request but so true. It's because the damn 3dsMax doesn't open the mat browser long enough even on highdpi display.

+1.

But I can see how this could confuse some people....
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2019-06-07, 22:27:57
Reply #3

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Hm, my screen is only 1280 px high, but i don't have to scroll anything, parameter editor fits in its entirety, as long as i keep volumetrics and advanced rollouts closed, which i do most of the time. I like where bump map is placed, so i think, i will downwote this request, sorry.

I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2019-06-10, 11:33:47
Reply #4

Tok_Tok

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'll try to motivate my request a little bit more. I work as a freelancer and therefore I often go to clients to work there. They almost never have a second monitor to use and so I'm tied to a single 27" screen. As you can imagine I'm constantly moving windows around in 3ds max to manage my workspace and therefore try to keep them as small as possible. That's why I was talking about scrolling.

But even though most of us probably have two screens and don't need to scroll, it still doesn't make sense that there is one frequently used setting that's all the way at the bottom, useability wise. Why isn't this more at the top, next to Reflection Glossiness for example? These two settings directly influence each other, so to me, it makes complete sense that a setting that is often used is in a place where it can accessed easily and is next to a setting which it's related to.

2019-06-10, 13:36:55
Reply #5

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Logged!

(Internal id=361594993)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2019-06-10, 14:36:35
Reply #6

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
It definitely has sound logic, and wasn't MentalRay shader like this ?

One out of hundred materials needs to have SSS, that one could move to the end.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2019-06-10, 15:08:31
Reply #7

Tok_Tok

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Logged!

(Internal id=361594993)

Thanks! I'm hoping you can give it a place under the "Basic Options" tab, and not the "Maps" tab. But I guess you have to reorder some stuff and I'm guessing that's not preferable..?

It definitely has sound logic, and wasn't MentalRay shader like this ?

One out of hundred materials needs to have SSS, that one could move to the end.

Yes exactly, or Refraction for that matter, that almost never uses a texture.

2022-01-14, 21:10:12
Reply #8

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
done in physical mtl
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)