Author Topic: 360° VR Animation for HTC VIVE  (Read 2343 times)

2019-05-30, 20:24:41

ivan.genov

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello,

I´ve created 360° Animation for VR. After rendering it out, I compiled it it using After Effects.
Here comes the tricky part, that I need help with - how should I export the animation(what format)? How can I make sure that it will run on HTC Vive as 360°?
Also, what resolution is the best(time and quality, considering I don´t have a NASA computer) for HTC Vive?

Help will be very appreciated:)

Cheers

2019-05-30, 22:36:56
Reply #1

Maros

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You need to know in which app will be animation runing in Vive and what formats are supported. Probably mp4 (h265) will be good and 4k quality.

2019-05-30, 23:43:05
Reply #2

ivan.genov

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Maros,

thanks for the reply. Do you have any other tricks and tips? I´ve been looking for some tutorials or workflows, but could find anything specific for Corona to HTC, or in general for video 360° for VR. I guess a lot of it is the same common sense as still with images, but wanted to make sure I´m not missing some details.

2019-06-04, 08:49:57
Reply #3

naikku

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Heh I want to join this conversation. I have a client who asked for mixed animation/vr.
The animation would only be viewed in 2d, no oculus go nor vive/rift. So I got an idea about rendering a walkthrough in
the usual 2d, maybe 1920*1080 resolution. That video would be layered in premiere on a 360-image. In the animation as the camera
moves around, it stops for maybe 10s and in that time people could rotate the image with a mouse. And finally the animation would continue.
I dont know yet how many stops there would be... But.
I was thinking that it would be much nicer to have the whole animation as 360 and not only look at a white sphere where there is a video in some
location of the sphere.

But if you did a 360 vr-animation, in which resolution you rendered the whole animation?
If I would render my animation, I think I´d render it in 2:1. No need for stereoscopic view.

2019-06-04, 09:45:17
Reply #4

Maros

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Maros,

thanks for the reply. Do you have any other tricks and tips? I´ve been looking for some tutorials or workflows, but could find anything specific for Corona to HTC, or in general for video 360° for VR. I guess a lot of it is the same common sense as still with images, but wanted to make sure I´m not missing some details.

Hi!
It is not specific Corona to HTC. It is in general 360 video on HTC Vive. What I know H265 is good codec in quality and file size but there is also AV1. Virtual Desktop app in HTC Vive support h265, not sure about AV1 all you need to know in what app video will be playing and the check support (youtube app, virtual desktop or other). There is a lot on google when you search for it.
Or ask client which format he need and what resolution.