Author Topic: Curves override  (Read 2138 times)

2019-05-06, 15:47:58

Tok_Tok

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello,

I want to set the curves for colour correction per camera, so override the settings in the VFB just like you can do with Bloom&Glare. I can't find the setting to do this, is this even possible? As far as I can see the Curve editor is only accessible via the VFB.

Thanks

-J

2019-05-06, 20:04:15
Reply #1

mferster

• Active Users
    • View Profile
you could convert your curves into a LUT file in photoshop and then use the corona camera override to load the individual LUTs per camera.

2019-05-06, 22:40:40
Reply #2

Tok_Tok

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Unfortunately that won't for me because I'm constantly changing my settings, going back and forth between a rendered image in photoshop and Corona takes too much time. I try to work as much as possible through the VFB.

2019-05-06, 23:35:21
Reply #3

mferster

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hmmmm, you can also save/load specific curve files from the VFB and name them the same as your cameras to keep organized.

However coming from an outside perspective, so feel free to completely disregard.... But, if your goal is to save time, I question your insistence on keeping everything in VFB. If you end up making constant adjustments through VFB curves to make things look right, it sounds like it may be more hassle then it's worth.

2019-05-07, 09:04:33
Reply #4

Tok_Tok

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes i considered that but I don't like the extra files it produces and can get confusing and takes more time then just set the curves per camera. When Switching to that camera the right settings are used, just like with the Tonemapping and Glare&Bloom. I'm surprised that this is possible for all camera settings except for the Curve editor.... why?

2019-05-08, 21:07:09
Reply #5

Tok_Tok

• Active Users
    • View Profile
So I guess nobody knows..?

Can the developers shed some light on this maybe?

2019-05-08, 21:38:38
Reply #6

mferster

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You can make a feature request in that forum section

2019-05-16, 15:50:55
Reply #7

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Currently the only solution would be to save the CONF files with different curve settings from the VFB, and load them into each camera (this is possible in V4 dailies).
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2019-05-28, 14:18:28
Reply #8

Tok_Tok

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Sorry for the delayed response, I was on holiday.

Oke so, there is no quick way to do this. That's kind of inconvenient, I mean, the curves are there to use right? So why would someone use the same curve settings on every camera shot in the scene. I'll make a feature request.

https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=24872.0