Author Topic: kickstarter..?  (Read 5177 times)

2012-11-06, 03:34:00

yolao

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi

I just continuing testing for a bit more and i think the quality is great and the speed is REALLY AMAZING. Have you consider doing a kickstarter campaign?..., the software is fantasic and i`m sure you will have a lot of support.

Cheers

2012-11-06, 07:54:58
Reply #1

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
AFAIK Ondra already has several partnership offers and connections so i don't think kickstarter is necessary right now :)

2012-11-06, 11:04:28
Reply #2

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
plus it would never appeal to anyone except for very small group of CG artists
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2012-11-06, 13:35:02
Reply #3

yolao

• Active Users
    • View Profile

are you sure?..., Morpheus Rig v2.0 (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cgmonks/morpheus-rig-v20) raised $31,488 and he was asking for $20,000 and as of today 6 of nobember the funding campaign is still not over, there are still several hours till the end.

2012-11-06, 14:21:32
Reply #4

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile

It's called elite.

But seriously, I think it's best to keep alpha/beta versions of such software quiet, only available for interested users, without any aggressive campaign. If more users would hear about Corona, they would probably remember it as a very buggy piece of software (as it is now, though still pretty amazing as for alpha stage) and wouldn't be eager to come back to it in the future. Let's spend some more time fixing essential stuff and then come in with procedural exploding pony-shaped strange attractors and volumetric motion blurred caustics.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2012-11-06, 14:28:08
Reply #5

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
It's called elite.
No, it's called people working in a particular field.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)