Author Topic: Fume FX 5.0.2 - Corona Render Chrash  (Read 4085 times)

2019-01-25, 08:05:52

SteveB

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello at all, i'am new here and it is my first posting.
What is the reason for this topic: I use 3DSMax 2018 Update 4 in connection with Corona Renderer 3 (hotfix 1). Yesterday we bought the newest Fume FX 5.0.2. I was very happy to use the newest version, especialy that the announcement from corona render 3 tells us the compatibility with fume fx. Then, i create a new 3DSMax File with nothing inside, build only a FumeFX Grid without adjustment and press "render". The programm instantly crash to desktop without a failuremessage. This is reproduseable with any Maxfiles with a FumeFX Grid and a new start of the computer or 3DSMax brings nothing. Then i have wrote a email to afterworks but they answer me that i have to went to the Coronateam. They tells me that Afterworks have official no support and no shaders for Corona Render. My Question is now, is there a solution for this problem? Have the newest version of corona potentialy a bug? Or is there an option for rendering with fumefx what i have overlook.

thanks, Steve

2019-01-25, 14:28:02
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
If ever a crash occurs, in order to know what was happening at the time internally (pretty critical to diagnosing and resolving the problem), we'd need the minidump. Also it's usually best to send in the offending scene too that causes the crash. See https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000524006-how-to-report-issues-3ds-max for full details on how to report, how to find the minidump to send to us (and to generate one in the case of a freeze rather than a crash), and how to upload. Thanks!
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-01-25, 16:43:10
Reply #2

SteveB

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you. Here is the minidump in the appendix. I hope it helps to solve this problem.

2019-01-28, 08:55:23
Reply #3

SteveB

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Good morning Coronateam,

is there a solution for the problem? Have the minidump helped?

2019-01-28, 09:23:46
Reply #4

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
but they answer me that i have to went to the Coronateam.

Have they received a minidump from you as well? Because it's FumeFX is crashing in your dump.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2019-01-28, 14:42:14
Reply #5

SteveB

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@ Frood: No, they mean i have to contact to coronateam because they does'nt have any shaders and corona is maybe the problem.
With the other Renderer ( Mental Ray, Scanline and so on ) i dos'nt have any problems. Only Corona have problem and chrash instantly when a fume fx is in the scene.

summarized: i start a new max, then ich choose coronarender, then i build a fume fx, than i render und than 3DSmax chrash.

2019-01-28, 17:40:24
Reply #6

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi,

I have confirmed this issue and I have reported it to our development team for further investigation.

I will do my best to keep you up to date with the progress.

Thanks,

Rowan

(Internal ID=312887061)
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2019-01-29, 08:00:57
Reply #7

SteveB

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Rowan, i am glad to see that the problem become investigation. I hope for a fast solution. Thank you

2019-04-11, 12:44:08
Reply #8

tarkanaslan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I have confirmed this issue and I have reported it to our development team for further investigation.

I will do my best to keep you up to date with the progress.

Thanks,

Rowan

(Internal ID=312887061)

Hello there,
Is there any progress?

2019-04-11, 17:22:00
Reply #9

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi,

As of yet I have no new information regarding this.

The workaround of using FumeFX scenes by exporting caches to OpenVDB and then rendering them with Corona Volume Grid is still valid.

I will speak to our dev team and see if I can get a further update.

Thanks,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2019-06-14, 12:57:41
Reply #10

Vlad_the_rant

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Vladimir
    • View Profile
Latest info on FumeFX compatibility:

Unfortunately, FumeFX 5.0 and above are still not 100% compatible with Corona and we are working on it. In the meantime, consult this helpdesk article for step-by-step instructions on how to export VDB files from FumeFX and use them with Corona Volume Grid: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/12000042125