Author Topic: Light material to show texture from texture slot  (Read 1841 times)

2019-01-18, 15:54:38

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It would be very useful to be able to see the texture in the light materials slot. I work with alot of retail installations and its impossible to know which POS graphic is where unless you render.
If there is a way around this id be glad to hear it!

2019-01-21, 19:49:41
Reply #1

Tanner

• Active Users
    • View Profile
If you set the colour from White to Black in either the CoronaMtl self-illumination or CoronaLightMtl then set the material to "Show Shaded Material in Viewport", you should be able to see the texmap in the viewport without needing to render it.

2019-01-21, 19:52:00
Reply #2

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Maybe it's worth to request that default colour for self illumination slot would be changed from white to black?
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2019-01-21, 19:54:27
Reply #3

Tanner

• Active Users
    • View Profile
If that's the case, you could always just save a copy of the CoronaLightMtl and CoronaMtl to a custom matlib where your ideal settings are already saved then just used that as a template for new materials than a regular corona default.

2019-01-21, 20:19:07
Reply #4

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Maybe it's worth to request that default colour for self illumination slot would be changed from white to black?

Already suggested that a while ago:

https://corona-renderer.com/bugs/view.php?id=2770

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2019-01-22, 12:09:45
Reply #5

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
If you set the colour from White to Black in either the CoronaMtl self-illumination or CoronaLightMtl then set the material to "Show Shaded Material in Viewport", you should be able to see the texmap in the viewport without needing to render it.

Ill give this a try thanks!