Author Topic: Forest scatters with illuminating materials cant be added to light select  (Read 1683 times)

2018-12-10, 16:22:58

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Since its the festive season im playing with some lights and scattering fir and berries and pinecones and fairy lights on everything.
However, I cant seem to control the lightmix of the forest object other than on the 'rest' layer (which is useless to me as it still doesnt denoise)
Im not sure if its a buf or it hasnt been implemented as this seems like an edge case :)

EDIT: It works on its own layer if the material is a light material, not if its just a self illuminating material
« Last Edit: 2018-12-10, 16:31:31 by jpjapers »

2018-12-10, 16:38:37
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Self illuminating materials never work in LightMix, has to be LightMtl with emit light enabled to be able to go into its own layer if I remember correctly. (So, this is independent of it being Forest scatters in other words :) )
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2018-12-10, 17:02:28
Reply #2

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Self illuminating materials never work in LightMix, has to be LightMtl with emit light enabled to be able to go into its own layer if I remember correctly. (So, this is independent of it being Forest scatters in other words :) )

Oh i always thought i could manually add self illuminating objects to layers but perhaps ive only ever tried with light materials?

2018-12-10, 17:34:07
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Objects with self-illumination or CoronaLightMtl with "Emit light" off will always end up in the "rest (unassigned)"element.
This is currently a limitation of LightMix, but we are working on turning the "rest" element into a proper element (with ability to denoise, save, etc.) and on further improvements, such as ability to add those self-illuminated objects to regular LightMix elements.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2018-12-11, 10:35:34
Reply #4

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Objects with self-illumination or CoronaLightMtl with "Emit light" off will always end up in the "rest (unassigned)"element.
This is currently a limitation of LightMix, but we are working on turning the "rest" element into a proper element (with ability to denoise, save, etc.) and on further improvements, such as ability to add those self-illuminated objects to regular LightMix elements.

Cool thanks Maru that sounds very helpful!