Author Topic: IR refreshing on isolate selection  (Read 1623 times)

2018-12-05, 08:33:27

zilviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys, I am using VolumeGrid with fire file and when I load IR it starts refreshing constantly and doesn't matter what I do, it just refreshing during IR not even reaching 2 pass. Sometimes refreshing starts when a mouse cursor is on the viewport, but stops when I move cursor out of the viewport window. Is it a bug? Or it should be like that? It is really hard to see a result during a constant refresh of render during IR.

Update: Tried another test, so a constant refresh of IR stops when I don't use Isolate selection toggle or there are now hidden objects.
« Last Edit: 2018-12-05, 08:38:58 by zilviz »

2018-12-05, 10:26:44
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Splitted this from daily builds discussion topic. Reproducible scene would be appreciated.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2018-12-05, 10:35:27
Reply #2

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It would be good to know the Max version. AFAIR, one version had the problem of evaluating the object list/stack even if object/layers were not visible. To make sure it's not the culprit in your case, you could test the scene in a different Max version of Max if feasible.

2018-12-05, 15:09:58
Reply #3

David Males

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • David Males Imagery
Hey, I have the same issue with max 2015 version, unfortunatelly can't supply the scene but it also has vrayvolumegrid in it..  For me once this starts it does that in both isolated and non-isolated scene, and the restart is needed .. Have tried reinstalling corona like 3times already doesn't help, haven't had this issue before (I thought it may be driver or Visual c++ thing) ..  It is quite pain in the ass and haven't figured out any workaround.. I might delete the volumegrid and tell you the outcome ..

EDIT: Last restart I've got this error when starting 3dsmax again..  (never seen it before) , I'll try to reinstall 2017 redistrubutable
« Last Edit: 2018-12-05, 15:29:32 by David Males »

2018-12-06, 07:10:41
Reply #4

zilviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The funniest thing is that everything work just fine after 3dsmax restart  at the moment. I've even tried to create a new scene with some random objects, but everything seem alright :D

2019-01-04, 13:39:15
Reply #5

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Moving to resolved until OP/other user reports it again.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us