Author Topic: Corona 3 Installation error  (Read 10376 times)

2018-11-26, 18:16:43

ikercito

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys,

I just tried to install the new version and I'm getting this error:

Failed to install file C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2014\scripts\Startup\CoronaRenderer_InitScripts.ms: Cannot open/read/write file 'C:/Program Files/Autodesk/3ds Max 2014/scripts/Startup/CoronaRenderer_InitScripts.ms'
Operation result: failed

I'm using Win 7 64-bits, 3dsmax 2014 and updating from Corona 2. I've never had any issues with previous installations. Seems like it's pointing to the Startup Scripts... does it mean it has conflicts with proxy exporter, converter, etc... scripts? Once max is started there seems to be no problem at all. I can see the new denoising options and new features, it all looks to be working fine. If any, IR seems to be quite a bit slower than before...??

Hope you can help me out, thanks!

2018-11-27, 07:18:38
Reply #1

alberto_royo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,
we have the same problem but whit 3dsmax 2017 and win7. In one computer with win10 the installations is succesfully...

2018-11-27, 13:34:05
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I remember having the same issue some time ago, but the it just disappeared.
If everything works fine in 3ds Max, then there is nothing to worry about.
If you want to make sure that the new version is installed 100% correctly, you can do this:
1) Uninstall Corona Renderer from Windows "Programs and Features"
2) Go to C:/Program Files/Autodesk/3ds Max 2014/scripts/Startup/ and manually remove the CoronaRenderer_InitScripts.ms file (it is perfectly safe to do)
3) Then run the V3 installer
4) Once the installation is finished, go to /scripts/Startup/ again and make sure that the file is there

It looks like the issue may be related to some admin rights, so for some reason the installer cannot replace/overwrite the existing file.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2018-11-27, 13:42:27
Reply #3

ikercito

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks Maru, I will do it.

Right now I'm under a heavy load of work, so might wait until it's finished before changing anything... It all seems to work fine, so I'll let it pass for now. I was a bit adventurous installing the new version :D

2018-11-27, 14:53:29
Reply #4

alberto_royo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for the info.

2021-03-24, 18:07:51
Reply #5

leon51

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I remember having the same issue some time ago, but the it just disappeared.
If everything works fine in 3ds Max, then there is nothing to worry about.
If you want to make sure that the new version is installed 100% correctly, you can do this:
1) Uninstall Corona Renderer from Windows "Programs and Features"
2) Go to C:/Program Files/Autodesk/3ds Max 2014/scripts/Startup/ and manually remove the CoronaRenderer_InitScripts.ms file (it is perfectly safe to do)
3) Then run the V3 installer
4) Once the installation is finished, go to /scripts/Startup/ again and make sure that the file is there

It looks like the issue may be related to some admin rights, so for some reason the installer cannot replace/overwrite the existing file.

I had this same problem when upgrading from Corona 5 to Corona 6 and your solution resolved the problem. Thank you Maru.