Author Topic: Corona Renderer 4 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 112186 times)

2019-01-24, 11:33:08
Reply #90

Ink Visual

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It disables coronabitmap from constantly polling maps/paths for changes to maps. We discovered this recently, that basically if >1 user is accessing the same maps simultaneously on a server/NAS/wherever then it massively slows down max performance. We identified this issue with Ondra (thanks man!!!) and they've put this switch in as a temporary work-around until they fix the coronabitmap loader to properly handle this. It's a MASSIVE improvement for teams, basically.
Oh, then this is where our teamwork issues come from. Thanks a lot for pointing this out, we couldn't figure out why we're having such a crazy 3ds max freezes while working on the same project, accessing files on NAS. Only moving everything localy would solve the issues, so I believe the corona bitmap might be the one to blame....

2019-01-24, 12:27:50
Reply #91

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
It disables coronabitmap from constantly polling maps/paths for changes to maps. We discovered this recently, that basically if >1 user is accessing the same maps simultaneously on a server/NAS/wherever then it massively slows down max performance. We identified this issue with Ondra (thanks man!!!) and they've put this switch in as a temporary work-around until they fix the coronabitmap loader to properly handle this. It's a MASSIVE improvement for teams, basically.
Oh, then this is where our teamwork issues come from. Thanks a lot for pointing this out, we couldn't figure out why we're having such a crazy 3ds max freezes while working on the same project, accessing files on NAS. Only moving everything localy would solve the issues, so I believe the corona bitmap might be the one to blame....

Yep it's 100% the cause. We cannot wait for this to be fixed - it will increase productivity massively! Until then we're having to convert everything back to max bitmap (which is a bit buggy via the Converter script - some rotation issues creeping in with certain maps).
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2019-01-24, 17:58:22
Reply #92

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
we have the bitmap polling solution worked out on paper, the only thing remaining is actually implement it... so it should be easy... in theory :D
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2019-01-24, 17:59:35
Reply #93

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
so it should be easy... in theory :D

Let's get that printed on a t-shirt! :D

Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2019-01-25, 12:21:26
Reply #94

Majeranek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

The newest build still crashes 3ds max when I'm trying to copy render directly from framebuffer :/
marjoramstudio.com Website
be.net/filipmalecki Behance Portfolio
Instagram Instagram Profile

2019-01-25, 14:27:19
Reply #95

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
You mean pressing the Ctrl+C button in vfb? Cannot confirm. The current dailies are stable as RCs for me at the moment. Only that render end B&G/progress bar bug leads to crashes/freezes. Do you get a minidump from the crash?

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2019-01-25, 21:47:51
Reply #96

annkos

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Same here according to random freezing after i stop the render and i believe (not 100% sure yet) only when i have the AI Denoiser on.

2019-01-27, 04:35:55
Reply #97

JViz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Behance
Hi,

The newest build still crashes 3ds max when I'm trying to copy render directly from framebuffer :/

I'm having the same issue.
Although a purist, my work is anything but.
https://www.behance.net/ImageInnate

2019-01-28, 11:11:04
Reply #98

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi,

I'm having the same issue.

Hi,

Can you please create and send over minidumps for the crashes? Instructions on how to do this are here: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000524006 (Step 1)

Would you also be able to provide me with some specific reproduction steps as I am unable to reproduce this crash currently.

Thanks,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2019-01-28, 19:04:07
Reply #99

Giorgos Zacharioudakis

• Active Users
  • CG Artist at 500s studio
    • View Profile
    • 500s studio
I can confirm the crashes at the cleaning up level, a workaround is to have the Stats tab selected until the render is finished.
Forming digital canvas with geometries shaped with lights, traveling the viewer’s mind through time and space.

2019-01-31, 10:36:48
Reply #100

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
I can confirm the crashes at the cleaning up level, a workaround is to have the Stats tab selected until the render is finished.

Hi,

Could you please provide me with a minidump and specific reproduction steps for the crash? Information on how to collect a minidump is in my signiture.

Thanks,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2019-01-31, 15:07:19
Reply #101

Evan_Popilnukha

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Here i am
Could you please provide me with a minidump and specific reproduction steps for the crash? Information on how to collect a minidump is in my signiture.

Actually its a not a crash,just freezing(not responding). Have been waiting like 4 hours..Only thing you can do is just end a task trough the Task Manager..Got this "freezing stuff" randomly in 3 different scenes.In first scene it got frozen after i clicked "stop" on VFB. Second one - on a stage of "Cleaning up".
« Last Edit: 2019-01-31, 15:11:37 by Evan_Popilnukha »

2019-01-31, 15:16:22
Reply #102

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
The info in the page on the mentioned link in the signature explains how to get a minidump from a freeze too. Cheers! That's https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000524006-how-to-report-issues-3ds-max
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-02-03, 09:58:47
Reply #103

Njen

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Cyan Eyed
Oh man, that new feature to disable CoronaBitmap auto-reloads is amazing! I know it's a temporary implementation, but scenes where I have hundreds of CoronaBitmap loaders (multiple assets with 50+ UDIM tiles each) have become much, much more responsive. I've been trying to figure out the issue of very bad performance for a couple of weeks.

Thank you so much!!!

2019-02-04, 14:51:22
Reply #104

Tanakov

• Active Users
  • Corona is faster than diarrhea
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/Gringott
I have this issue, when I put my render on to BackBurnder it works fine until the Denoising, after the main denoising is done on the image its stuck on the file save. Making the 3ds max freeze forever, I just had my render stuck on that for whole 48h, then each time I restarted the frame.

So is there anything Im doing wrong?
Using Corona since 2014-01-02
https://www.behance.net/Gringott