Author Topic: SOLVED ---- TeamRender error "Aborting synchronization: dumpExr failed"  (Read 5652 times)

2018-11-07, 11:09:50

Herr_File

• Users
    • View Profile
Hello guys,

We just started testing out Corona for C4D beta and most of the features are pretty impressive so far.

Today we wanted to check out the TeamRender functionality. After installing the Plugin on our 4 Xeon Renderclients the first job was started and every machine has the same error.

"Connection established
Rendered 0/0 passes
Cancelling render because of session was not rendering
Aborting synchronization: dumpExr failed..."

All Clients in C4d are visible and ready.

Could a restriction in the rights ore firewall of the clients be the problem, because our IT department is pretty strict about these ;-)
« Last Edit: 2018-11-12, 11:45:05 by Herr_File »

2018-11-11, 20:32:20
Reply #1

jojorender

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Not sure if this is related, but are all materials in your scene Corona materials?
If i have a c4d material in the scene, all clients disconnect but the main machine continues to render.

Are all plugins used, installed on all clients? In c4d preferences TR/ Client/ "Handle Warning As Error" disabled?

2018-11-12, 11:44:24
Reply #2

Herr_File

• Users
    • View Profile
Problem solved. The render clients did not have access to the internet and i didnt know the beta has to activate in the background

2018-11-12, 12:44:39
Reply #3

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Hi! Glad that you solved the issue, but a better diagnostics would have been nice. We will think about it!

2019-01-09, 17:36:05
Reply #4

Mischa Portmann

• Active Users
  • www.mischaportmann.com
    • View Profile
    • Personal Portfolio
Hi there
I just experienced the same problem... when I start TR I get the same error:

but after I stop the render on the host my team render machine even continues to "render" with the same notification.
didn't have that problem with the beta version only just since I upgraded to corona 3.
is it because it's still the trial version?

2019-01-14, 13:11:24
Reply #5

Beatmonk

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi everyone,

I got the same error with Corona 3 and TR on our 4 xeon render servers. Team Rendering started nicely, the C4D picture viewer showed the message, that all 5 nodes were working. After cancelling the rendering and starting a new one, only one node showed up (my workstation). The 4 clients are still running that "[Corona4D]
Aborting synchronization: dumpExr failed" error.

The clients have access to the internet and due to an error with the licensing we switched to demo mode.

Can someone help? Thank you!
Volker

BTW: All materials are Corona materials incl. 1 light material HDRi
(Cinema 4D R19.068, Workstation Mac OS X 10.13.6, Clients Win 7 Pro SP 1)

2019-01-14, 15:26:45
Reply #6

diviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
create a txt file called "CoronaActivation.txt"
In this file put the details of your customer zone email and password. The format will look like this: johndoe@gmail.com:testpassword
copy it to
C:\Users\YOURPCNAME\AppData\Local\CoronaRenderer
on every node.
I think the nodes need internet connection.
Worked for me.

2019-01-15, 11:33:18
Reply #7

CBAS VISUAL

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Behance :
create a txt file called "CoronaActivation.txt"
In this file put the details of your customer zone email and password. The format will look like this: johndoe@gmail.com:testpassword
copy it to
C:\Users\YOURPCNAME\AppData\Local\CoronaRenderer
on every node.
I think the nodes need internet connection.
Worked for me.

Thank you !

And for mac it's MAC HD->User->Username->Bibliothèque->Application Support->Corona

And past ur CoronaActivation.txt

2019-01-23, 19:04:48
Reply #8

Stefan-L

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i do get the same error, "Aborting synchronization: dumpExr failed..."" on one node of several machines in same network.
it has internet and works fine with other engines.

i use the latest v3 hotfix.

any idea how to fix this?
i tried manual and automatic TR settings in corona settings both make the same issue

THX for help!
stefan

p.s the hack above with the txt file placed in corona hidden folder didnt help
« Last Edit: 2019-01-23, 19:10:41 by lllab »

2019-01-23, 19:21:55
Reply #9

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Purchased license? If so be sure to run the Corona License Server, and to run that before you run the C4D TR Clients.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-01-23, 19:50:39
Reply #10

Stefan-L

• Active Users
    • View Profile
yes  full and legal licenses i have from render legion.

i added now a 4th node now to test, this also refuses to work. so from 4 nodes 2 cant render:/

corona lic server runs of course as it runs local and on 2 of the 4 nodes,
all 4 have internet connection and connection to the main machine where the lic server runs.

lic server runs before i installed and started the nodes. i installed all 4 today, all in same way, 2 refuse to work, the others are ok.
some seems wrong yet sadly in TR....

the same nodes runs fine in other renderers or c4d internal. so it seems some corona specific.

2019-01-23, 19:57:30
Reply #11

Stefan-L

• Active Users
    • View Profile
ok after restarting ALL machines, incluning the local one with server, it seems to work now.

but that seems a quite "unstable" or dangerous setup yet, if the nodes for some reason not want to connect to server they can reconnect to it, i hope this can be fixed. if it re appears again i post it here.

2019-01-23, 20:33:19
Reply #12

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Definitely the Corona licensing, so that would make it Corona specific :) We do have the issue of having to start the License Server first logged and will be looking into it (as it shouldn't be dependent on that). If you have ongoing / repeat issues where the License Server has started first, a separate report would be good, either as a ticket or on the bug report section of the forums (https://help.c4d.corona-renderer.com/support/solutions/articles/12000033461-how-to-report-issues-)

Info that would be good then are the logs so that we can see what is happening there, as well as all the usual (what OS, what C4D version, what version of Corona, and so on :) )
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-01-26, 09:31:07
Reply #13

Stefan-L

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i see what happens next week in office:)
if it happens again i tell you.

great would be if the teamrender lic woudl be more flexible and realisze the lic server is running:)

thx!
Stefan

2019-01-26, 14:43:07
Reply #14

rojharris

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I don't know if this helps but I had the same issue just now and instead of loading Team render client I fired up the actual C4D app on the render node machine, activated the demo license, then quit. Next time I ran Team Render on this machine and rendered to it from the main machine it worked perfectly.

Might help someone.

Roger