Author Topic: Using Rebus Render Farm...  (Read 2148 times)

2018-09-11, 18:51:07

johnnyswedish

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Forum!

I have a question on using Corona with Rebus Render Farm. Does it work ok? Is there any problems or settings I should be aware of? This is the first animation job I will use Corona with. In the past I have sent jobs using the Physical render engine without GI but using AO. Any help would be appreciated as I am a bit nervous 😳 Thanks 🙏 John

2018-09-12, 11:29:09
Reply #1

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Hey John,

I can't stress this enough but... DO TEST RENDERS FIRST! :))

Generally my experience was fairly pleasant and straightforward. Sometimes something gets out of whack if you use different plugins or Corona / RebusFarm just goes random. Luckily the helpdesk is quite helpful imho.

I would really like to stress to do test renders, at least a couple of frames. I suspect LightMix might be problematic and there can also be a difference if you are used to saving from the VFB directly.

Oh and do make sure you are running the EXACT same version as they are running. Otherwise you might be in for an unpleasant treat.
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2018-09-12, 14:10:37
Reply #2

johnnyswedish

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Nkilar,

Thanks for you reply. I am using the latest build. What version did you use for Rebus? Can I install another or older version and send it to Rebus? I am not using any fancy multi passes. Probably only z-depth for DOF. Thanks again for your help 😎👍 John.

2018-09-15, 00:02:07
Reply #3

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Hey man, sorry for the late reply :) Actually, back then it was Beta 1 or even one of the older Alphas. If it doesn't say which version they have on their website then shoot them an email, I'm sure they'll be happy to respond :)
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2018-09-15, 09:29:10
Reply #4

indexofrefraction

• Active Users
    • View Profile
rebus has B1 installed
it works fine, i used it quite a lot.

my projects are a few weeks back, so you could check with rebus,
but i'm sure they didn't install any B2 alphas.

which leads to the question where we are in the roadmap...
B2 seems to take way longer than anticipated :/
« Last Edit: 2018-09-15, 09:38:38 by indexofrefraction »

2018-09-15, 14:15:16
Reply #5

johnnyswedish

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I decided to go with Ranch Computing. They are in my opinion much bette and support Corona with the latest build and R20. Excellent customer service as well. The job got done without a hitch. Thanks guys for you input 👍😎 John.