Author Topic: Ex-/Include list for denoiser  (Read 1649 times)

2018-08-06, 20:53:52

Eddoron

• Active Users
  • Achieved Pedestrian
    • View Profile
Some areas require more and some less denoising. finding the right balance can be a PITA.

It would be good to have the option either in the rendering options or better yet, in the material's settings.

2018-08-06, 21:01:06
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
This one would be a core thing, not a C4D thing - the option doesn't exist in Max either. The solution at the moment though is to create a Beauty (a virtual Beauty I should say) pass with different levels of denoising, and then using masks (from Corona, or created manually) to mask out objects or areas that need more or less denoising.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2018-08-06, 21:03:49
Reply #2

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
The process is described in the 3ds Max video, principles would be the same - https://youtu.be/v4fZojsjGpQ?t=5m

2018-08-07, 05:29:44
Reply #3

Eddoron

• Active Users
  • Achieved Pedestrian
    • View Profile
Thanks for the description, but I can come up with workarounds myself. I'm just terribly lazy.
The idea was to offer something that would work well with general material in-/exclusions.(which might come)

2018-08-07, 14:55:43
Reply #4

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Laziness is the mother of invention! As in, it is a good way to drive improvements (always good to have something simpler). We shall have to see what the future holds.