Author Topic: corona scatter - lights  (Read 3669 times)

2018-04-18, 15:58:42

gpz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,
it is possibile to scatter lights with corona scatter?

2018-04-18, 16:19:36
Reply #1

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2018-04-18, 17:54:21
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
It's really easy to check this. :P
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2018-04-18, 19:33:26
Reply #3

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Just keep in mind that lights won't be instanced, so be carefull not to scatter gazillion of them or else your render will last for eternity.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2018-04-19, 09:17:47
Reply #4

gpz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
thanks to all.
good news: i can scatter
bad news: i can't instance.

anyway i see that is not possibile to scatter a group of an object with a light

2018-04-19, 10:30:23
Reply #5

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I see two options for you. One is to use geometry and light material instead of light - that way you could merge everything into one object with multimaterial and you'd probably would even keep instancing, as light material doesn't have such limitation with scatterer. Second option would be ungroup everything, make sure that every former group member has exactly matching pivot point and use several identical scatters for each of them.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2018-04-19, 10:59:25
Reply #6

NicolasC

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
  • CG supervisor / teacher / artist
    • View Profile
Or maybe a little workaround, that could probably work in certain cases:

1) scatter boxes or dummies or whatever, then use Convert to max geometry feature
2) create a light
3) use the 3dsmax tool "Clone & Align" to clone this light (instances) according to the position of the objects scattered in step 1
4) remove or hide objects scattered in step 1
Nicolas Caplat
CG supervisor / teacher / artist

2018-04-23, 10:38:42
Reply #7

gpz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I see two options for you. One is to use geometry and light material instead of light - that way you could merge everything into one object with multimaterial and you'd probably would even keep instancing, as light material doesn't have such limitation with scatterer. Second option would be ungroup everything, make sure that every former group member has exactly matching pivot point and use several identical scatters for each of them.
Yeap. i used the solution with lightmaterial ma render times were very long.
Next time i'll try your second solutions.

2018-04-25, 10:52:23
Reply #8

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
even scattering regular instances with lightl turns instancing off. This is a limitation in Corona core. Reasoning is that making instancing work with light emission would create complications in the code that would slow down development and rendering speed, and is rarely needed. One alternative would be to use self-illumination, which does not have this problem.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)