Author Topic: !Attention! - Virus in 3ds Max Stocks models!! Read article!!!  (Read 39250 times)

2018-07-09, 12:11:06
Reply #30

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
It was very annoying :]

If you never need animation layers, use this special Romullus-Edition. It does the cleaning in the background without any confirmation (only notification in max listener) :]

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2018-07-09, 12:48:07
Reply #31

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Now that's a treatment, a script tailored for me! :] Thank you very much, but i'm affraid to use it. I don't know if i need animation layers or not, because i don't know what those animation layers are in the first place :/
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2018-07-09, 13:29:03
Reply #32

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Then you don't need them anyway and you are safe :]

In fact, I asked myself today why we here in the studio should see and confirm those dialogues; because we would like to delete the layers in any case. I've never encountered a max scene using them by purpose, using controller lists + weights is more common. So I removed the confirmations and remembered your pain :)

Good Luck

2018-07-09, 16:18:39
Reply #33

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Ok, i'll take your word for it :]

2018-07-09, 17:36:19
Reply #34

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
...usually.

Good Luck ;]

2018-10-12, 17:24:18
Reply #35

SiNi_Si

• Users
    • View Profile
    • SiNi Software
We have an update for this Virus problem coming out at the end of the day.

Download the free Forensic tool at sinisoftware.com

Si

2018-10-24, 22:58:43
Reply #36

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models

2019-08-20, 17:25:53
Reply #37

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Quick update. Autodesk virus removal tool is useless. Today i got max file from big company, which has this tool installed on all its computers, yet the file still had virus in it. I also have this autodesk tool installed, but it did nothing against the virus. Luckily i also have Prune Scene script and it wiped the virus swiftly. Can't trust autodesk :[

2019-08-20, 17:55:05
Reply #38

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2019-08-21, 07:42:57
Reply #39

James Vella

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I am curious to see if the prune script can remove viruses that the alc/crp scripts cannot - Ive been using these two and found they clean plenty of 3dsmax files Ive received from co-workers (automatically, unlike what its mentioned in the quote - but it does contain the links for the scripts). I have them in my ENU/scripts/startup directory.

https://3dground.net/article/attention-alc-and-crp-viruses-in-3ds-max-

Half way down the page:
You also can use another scripts for fix this problems:
ALC_fixup_v1_2.ms and CRP_fixup_v1_2.ms
But I not recommend to use it because you will need to run them from time to time manually and you can miss the moment when the virus gets into another scene that's very critical for large companies where several people can work with one file. Also there are other modifications of the viruses that these scripts can not fix it!

2019-08-24, 16:58:44
Reply #40

arqrenderz

• Active Users
  • https://www.behance.net/Arqrenderz1
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz
For me prune scene wont really deal with the virus, it just erasing it from the scene but not from the system, so it will come back again (we did try the manual option and the virus gets created again on some super hidden carpet ) Did you tell autodesk of this? (i know autodesk is the slowest company to adress this type of issues (the "virus" took like a year to be acknowledge, ALSO i havent heard a thing about the virus real intentions, I dont think its just made to mess up 3dsmax scenes, why any one bother to do that, i think its more like cryptos or something like that, just think on all the big farms or workstations that have 3dsmax...

2019-08-24, 19:41:00
Reply #41

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Did you run batch cleaner on your system? Deleting virus from single infected max file is not enough, you need to check and clean all system, otherwise virus will come back the moment you'll open next infected scene. Prune scene can do batch cleaning.

2020-03-23, 00:12:48
Reply #42

Leonardo Restrepo

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
For me prune scene wont really deal with the virus, it just erasing it from the scene but not from the system, so it will come back again (we did try the manual option and the virus gets created again on some super hidden carpet ) Did you tell autodesk of this? (i know autodesk is the slowest company to adress this type of issues (the "virus" took like a year to be acknowledge, ALSO i havent heard a thing about the virus real intentions, I dont think its just made to mess up 3dsmax scenes, why any one bother to do that, i think its more like cryptos or something like that, just think on all the big farms or workstations that have 3dsmax...

Hey arqrenderz, I am dealing with the same exact thing as you described , I dont want to reinstall 3ds max if there is some solid way to solve it , Did you find find way to erase that viruses?

2020-03-24, 15:35:33
Reply #43

arqrenderz

• Active Users
  • https://www.behance.net/Arqrenderz1
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz
Hi Leonardo, have you tried autodesk security tools? it comes as an extension or with 3dsmax 2019 and so on. That tool can clean the virus, but i would use it and then reinstall a fresh copy of max

2020-03-24, 15:47:21
Reply #44

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
[..] but i would use it and then reinstall a fresh copy of max

I don't think that would change anything - virus is infecting max scenes, not 3ds max program itself.

As for autodesk's cleaning tools, don't want to say anything bad about them, but for me they left some viruses undetected, while prune script cleaned them all.