Author Topic: Path tracing samples per object/material  (Read 2735 times)

2013-11-15, 12:48:47

fobus

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It will be great if it will be possible to definу a different number of samples to different objects or even materials. Sometimes we're waiting for removal of noise from only one object with noise and we need to increase samplews to whole image instead of just this object or material.

2013-11-15, 15:04:27
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I don't think it's a good idea and I doubt Keymaster would like it. Just wait for better adaptivity - it should ignore well rendered areas and focus on noisy ones.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2013-11-16, 07:16:12
Reply #2

fobus

• Active Users
    • View Profile
If it will work than it will be the best solution. But it seems to be much more complicated to implement.

2013-11-16, 13:05:41
Reply #3

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
If it will work than it will be the best solution. But it seems to be much more complicated to implement.

It would probably not be that complicated to implement. But it's really just a bad idea. A really bad solution for a problem that can be solved more efficiently.

2014-01-05, 00:35:50
Reply #4

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
agreed with rawalanche, this goes against fundamental corona principles, I wont implement it.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)