Author Topic: Stopping the Corona for Sketchup project  (Read 72357 times)

2018-02-25, 18:30:57
Reply #15

Ang

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys. I Knew about the purchase of corona render by chaos group and I imagined that the development of pluging would stop completely. I think the sale of corona has been a big mistake. Corona has the most brilliant product of the render market and it has been eaten by the big fish. i hope corona think seriously in a future be in sketchup
2 xeon 2658 / i7 5820K /i7 3770

2018-02-26, 12:47:26
Reply #16

seraleklee1

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys. I Knew about the purchase of corona render by chaos group and I imagined that the development of pluging would stop completely. I think the sale of corona has been a big mistake. Corona has the most brilliant product of the render market and it has been eaten by the big fish. i hope corona think seriously in a future be in sketchup
You're right, an unforgivable mistake!

2018-02-26, 13:35:27
Reply #17

NicolasC

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
  • CG supervisor / teacher / artist
    • View Profile
If Chaos does not buy the Corona, they would lose a share of the market. Nothing better than to stop the competition.

But this is just my point of view.
Before ending to such conclusions, I think you should really read Ondra's post further to the announcement ...
Nicolas Caplat
CG supervisor / teacher / artist

2018-02-27, 14:48:06
Reply #18

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Ending the SU plugin development has nothing to do with Chaos Group (except the fact that we can now directly say "hey, you can use V-Ray for SU, rather than "hey, you can now use _other renderer_ for SU).
There is also Corona for other software on the way - check out https://corona-renderer.com/blog/corona-renderer-for-cinema-4d-beta-1-released/

Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2018-02-28, 19:36:55
Reply #19

seraleklee1

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Do you think it is possible to purchase a Corona plugin license for SketchUp, just as it is in order to continue using it?
Thanks for the reply

2018-03-01, 13:41:44
Reply #20

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
No, we never offered the SU plugin in any paid version (just like the C4D plugin), so this is not possible.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2018-03-01, 14:29:43
Reply #21

seraleklee1

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It saddens me this news, as a user of SketchUp I had found the ideal rendering plugin, now I'll have to go back to Thearender or who knows what else :(

2018-03-15, 13:27:28
Reply #22

bonbon1477

• Users
    • View Profile
If you really like using corona renderer, best thing to do is to start learning 3ds max or cinema 4d. There are thousands of tutorials out there. And trust me, it's not that hard to learn them.

2018-03-15, 14:32:34
Reply #23

seraleklee1

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Although I know 3dsmax and superficially Cinema well enough, I am a user of SketchUp and therefore I will have to turn to other products that work in SketchUp

2018-03-20, 10:10:22
Reply #24

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Im a Sketchup user and import in to C4D. Its annoying having to go from one program to the next but .obj works well. C4D gives you more scope for adding high poly objects and animation capabilities.

2018-03-21, 19:13:29
Reply #25

scottofazphx

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Was affraid this was going to happen after Chaos picked up Corona. The shelving of project begins. Like i said in past posts, this was a competition grab of Corona not a technologies grab. Vray and Corona will never play nice together so one will eventually have to go, and sad part is Corona is the better product.

2018-03-26, 12:40:44
Reply #26

Ryuu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
No need for conspiracy theories :) The decision to stop developing this plugin was made in Prague/Prostejov, not in Sofia.

As you may know we were struggling with hiring difficulties and the SketchUp plugin was not actively developed for almost two years now. While we're still trying to hire new people (semi-successfully now), we have decided to focus on different projects which will bring more benefit to our existing users.

2019-10-09, 05:19:42
Reply #27

franm

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Im a Sketchup user and import in to C4D. Its annoying having to go from one program to the next but .obj works well. C4D gives you more scope for adding high poly objects and animation capabilities.

After being in involved in the Corona SketchUp beta testing and having to give up on that, I have been using Vray with SketchUp for about a year and a half.  I saw some Cinema 4D/Corona renderings recently on CGArchitect that looked great.  So it's good to see this note of yours where you say you import your SketchUp into Cinema.  Maybe I will try that. 

2021-12-23, 06:31:00
Reply #28

syl1130

• Active Users
    • View Profile
and Corona for Rhino?

2022-01-03, 16:11:06
Reply #29

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
and Corona for Rhino?

There are no current plans to develop Corona for any hosts other than the current two of Cinema 4D and 3ds Max, sorry.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us