Author Topic: Bloom and Glare with Alpha  (Read 5587 times)

2017-12-07, 15:14:11

lucassouzajr

• Users
    • View Profile
Hello everyone, i'm currently new at Corona for Cinema 4D, and i'm trying to solve a issue but i can't seem to find a proper solution.

Im doing a animation and i need to use alpha for compositing later in After Effects, the problem is that the Alpha Channel takes away the Bloom and Glare options, it only aplies if it is on black background or has pixel in it.

The ideal solution would by having a Bloom and Glare pass on the multi-pass option, but as i was reading the FAQ for Cinema4d, the Pass for Bloom and Glare was working before, and now it doesn't work anymore. [Atached a screenshot to show the post]

I was just wondering if i can get around that, try to reproduce Bloom and Glare in a different way, or extract the Bloom by darken in all the scene and use the Add or Screen for Blending mode in After Effects

Is this possible?

2017-12-07, 15:31:19
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
In the 3ds Max version the solution would be to render:
-beauty without bloom and glare, with alpha
-bloom and glare pass (the effect is stored on black background)
Then place the bloom and glare pass on top of the beauty.

If this is not working in the C4D version right now, then the only solution is to wait until it is fixed.
Please try with the newest daily build from https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=15602.0
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-12-07, 16:20:02
Reply #2

lucassouzajr

• Users
    • View Profile

If this is not working in the C4D version right now, then the only solution is to wait until it is fixed.
Please try with the newest daily build from https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=15602.0

Thanks, i just downloaded the Beta version but now the option Bloom and glare appears on the multi-pass but when saving, the pass is completely black

I think i'm gonna have to wait anyway,

should i report as a bug? cause in the changelog they said its fixed.

2017-12-07, 16:44:40
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
It is already reported as a bug :)
https://corona-renderer.com/bugs/view.php?id=2667

I did add a note just to say it remains an issue.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2017-12-07, 16:49:42
Reply #4

lucassouzajr

• Users
    • View Profile
Oh cool! :)

Thank you guys!

2018-03-07, 12:19:03
Reply #5

iacdxb

• Active Users
  • 3D Deisgner
    • View Profile
    • www.behance.net/iacdxb
BoomGlare also black layer to me. I hope it will be fixed soon.

Windows, Cinema 4D 2023.

2018-03-07, 14:55:58
Reply #6

ja_brzoza

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just did a little "trick". Saved image with 'Bloom and Glare', and the second one without it. Then in PS I mixed layers with "Difference" option. That way I got a 'Bloom and Glare' pass. Now you just need to put it on top of an image without 'Bloom and Glare' as 'Linear Dodge (Add)'.

Cheers
Lucas