Author Topic: store and keep renders in History  (Read 5968 times)

2017-12-01, 11:38:19

sailor

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I stored some renders in the VFB history and closed Max. Later, I opened the same file and wanted to check those renders but they are gone. Is there any way I could keep them in the history? It's like Vray VFB history that I could just keep them and delete then when I don't need any more.

regards

2017-12-01, 11:54:12
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Unfortunatelly, history is valid only in the curent session. Actual files are saved to the disk, but there is no possibility to load them into VFB later. Hopefully it will be changed in the future.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2017-12-01, 12:02:44
Reply #2

sailor

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for your reply, romullus. I hope that feature will be implemented near future, it's useful for me.

2020-12-03, 12:47:31
Reply #3

JezUK

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm new to Corona, and this is something that I'm surprised is not in the software.

I don't finish working my projects in one day - they are created over days and weeks.

Is this now possible (some way I'm not aware of) ?

Thanks.

2020-12-03, 14:22:26
Reply #4

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
No, it still has not been addressed.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2020-12-03, 15:25:00
Reply #5

rowmanns

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi,

I have created a new feature request in our system for this.

Cheers,

Rowan

(Report ID=CRMAX-17)
« Last Edit: 2020-12-14, 16:25:47 by rowmanns »
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2020-12-14, 20:06:32
Reply #6

JezUK

• Active Users
    • View Profile
That's great news.

But I've also learned that it seems only so many files will be stored during a session.

I don't know what the limit is, but it might be a hard disk size limit somewhere ?  I seem to only be able to store 2 or 3 of my images to the history, once I try to save a 4th image, one of those other 3 images gets removed.....

I've been using V-Ray for 10+ years, and I am loving Corona, it's lovely and not complex for beginners (like me) - but I have to say, that I'm very surprised by this side of the software.

I'd have expected anyone to have highlighted this limitation by now, especially as this software has been around for a good few years.

As I say, I'm loving Corona - not trying to slag it off, just help improve it :)

2020-12-14, 21:16:59
Reply #7

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
I don't know what the limit is, but it might be a hard disk size limit somewhere ?

Yes, right. Have a look at Render setup -> System Settings -> Render history and A/B comparison -> Size on HDD. Since history items are actually Corona CXRs, they get quite large and the default there (2GB iirc) is way too low.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2021-03-21, 02:01:16
Reply #8

MAY3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • MAY3D Portfolio
Has there been any movement on this? Is it in the roadmap for new features yet? I really liked how history was implemented in Vray and would love the same functionality here. It is so useful for comparing small changes, which is a common request from my clients.
3D Generalist #OpenToWork

2021-03-22, 14:34:04
Reply #9

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
On the roadmap, we are focused on 7 just now (and it would be too late to change what is planned there), and we won't be reviewing "Ok what shall we do in 8?!" until 7 is released as a result of the focus on 7. So the time to check for updates to the roadmap will be after 7 is released and we go through all the requests and pick what looks like good candidates for inclusion in 8, and good candidates to go on the "pool of ideas for in the future".

So, keep the suggestions coming, but don't be alarmed / disappointed if the roadmap doesn't update for a while yet :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2021-03-23, 03:44:36
Reply #10

MAY3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • MAY3D Portfolio
Ok, thanks for the update. Would be great to have this feature implemented at some point, it really was a very good workflow tool when using Vray.

Will keep an eye on the roadmap once version 7 has released.
3D Generalist #OpenToWork

2022-10-30, 02:53:17
Reply #11

digil

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Well, actually - if your max crashed , you can still find the History images back in
Users\......3dsMax\...\plugcfg\corona\history\   folder as openable .Cxr files, this just helped me a bit with some test renders I had in a History row.

2023-08-10, 11:20:26
Reply #12

taianeevidal@hotmail.com

• Users
    • View Profile
This tip save my life and my project, thank you so much.

path to the backup history complete:

C:\Users\"your user name"\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2021 - 64bit\ENU\en-US\plugcfg\corona\history

open the archive .CXR in image editor and save your image.