Author Topic: How to use Corona Renderer with Greyscale Gorilla HDRI Link?...  (Read 4132 times)

2017-11-21, 23:12:35

johnnyswedish

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Corona Forum!

I did post a similar topic a while back using GSG HDRI Link. I am still not a 100% sure how to set it up. Should I use Corona Sky and add the Link tag to this or use a C4D sky object and add the Link tag to this? GSG tutorials only give tutorials on using it with Octane or V-Ray but does say it is compatible with Corona. Anyone used it together yet?

2017-11-22, 02:33:14
Reply #1

Studio Heisenberg

• Active Users
  • Let's cook
    • View Profile

2017-11-25, 11:51:06
Reply #2

Tanuki

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Resolve ProductLab
I just got it today too. It's a big waste of money so far. it doesn't actually do anything, and doesn't seem to work with corona. its only value appears to be the hdri's that were included with it. The metal expansion pack HDRi's are awwesome though :)

2017-11-25, 23:48:28
Reply #3

Josef

• Active Users
  • C4D User
    • View Profile
    • www.josefbsharah.net
I would email/tweet @ them and see, Corona is still free so they might implement it swiftly.

2017-11-27, 13:57:39
Reply #4

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
I just looked at the Greyscalegorilla website and from the promotional video I cannot really understand what the plugin does except from giving you access to an HDRI library.

2017-11-27, 14:21:58
Reply #5

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
I just looked at the Greyscalegorilla website and from the promotional video I cannot really understand what the plugin does except from giving you access to an HDRI library.

Afaik they expose parameters like brightness and stuff so that you can control it all from a single tag - It helps when you are doing rapid changes the HDRI lighting and want to do everything from a single place instead of scrolling through channels and bitmap options.

I think thats the gist of it but I don't own the plugin so I could be totally wrong.
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us