Author Topic: Reflective caustics toggle  (Read 929 times)

2017-11-03, 13:50:43

Brunduz

• Users
    • View Profile
good day people, i would like to request a minor addition, goes like this:

in the coronaMTL there is a refractive caustics ON/OFF checkbox, please include this also for reflective caustics, ill explain why

by default coronaMTL produces hard reflective caustics which is a big challange for the uni-dir-path-tracing, so its often a bunch of fireflies which the MSI clamps during rendering, this results in lost energy which goes a bit against coronas physical philosophy i believe, very often i find myself using the rayswitchMTL to control caustics with a separate material, i usually blur them so it still looks good but the path-tracer struggles less and MSI clamps less, better blurry than too dim

so i would like an ON/OFF checkbox for reflective caustics too, thats all. i imagine when its off, it still needs to conserve energy so it would just be visible as an albedo to the GI, in other words 100% blurred, in many of my scenes and tests with corona this setting would extremely easily and quickly get rid of fireflies and bring back lost energy, and its just one checkbox:)

personally i would be very happy if also two glossiness sliders where hidden in the advanced tab in coronaMTL, to manually blur the reflective and refractive caustics to taste (when they are ON), once again the goal is to clamp less light:)
« Last Edit: 2018-10-22, 16:43:04 by maru »