Author Topic: Corona 1.7 Hair and Fur still not work in DR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 8751 times)

2017-11-14, 21:03:07
Reply #15

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
If it works in Vray, it should soon work in Corona too!
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-11-14, 21:32:16
Reply #16

Daskydesign

• Active Users
    • View Profile
And a Mental Ray, Max and Backburner error too :)
I'don't know this....but in Vray it work!

2017-11-14, 21:53:41
Reply #17

Daskydesign

• Active Users
    • View Profile
If it works in Vray, it should soon work in Corona too!
I hope..otherwise what would be the benefits of the merger between Chaos group and Render Legion. :)))))
But please can you update on the progress of this fix problem?

2017-11-14, 22:12:37
Reply #18

Daskydesign

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think I find solution for this problem..
I'm doing some tests to be sure .. I'll update you.

2017-11-16, 13:05:17
Reply #19

sevecek

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Fixed. It should be released in daily build soon.

2017-11-16, 15:54:14
Reply #20

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Are there plans to release this as a hotfix, since it's basically a bugfix?

2017-11-19, 14:18:47
Reply #21

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Are there plans to release this as a hotfix, since it's basically a bugfix?
The way this works is that other programmers will review the fix, evaluate potential risks of the changes containing another but or breaking something else in other way, and based on that we will make decision whether to include this in hotfix or daily builds
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-11-19, 16:43:34
Reply #22

Maros

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Is this fix also related to materials problem with hair and fur or only working od DR ?

2017-11-20, 11:03:06
Reply #23

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Is this fix also related to materials problem with hair and fur or only working od DR ?
What material problem do you man exactly?

2017-11-20, 11:48:15
Reply #24

Maros

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I mean texture mapping, in 1.6 it was working but in 1.7 not. If base mesh have texture, H&F is white also how to setup transluency when material is not applied ? (Yes you can use Root and Tip color(texture) but it is not the same )

2017-11-20, 16:41:13
Reply #25

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I mean texture mapping, in 1.6 it was working but in 1.7 not. If base mesh have texture, H&F is white also how to setup transluency when material is not applied ? (Yes you can use Root and Tip color(texture) but it is not the same )
Apply hair and fur > go to "custom shader" rollout (I think in older versions of Max it's "mr shader") > drag and drop your material into the "apply shader" slot. This way you can apply our hair shader, and you can further play with mapping.

2017-11-21, 20:54:15
Reply #26

Maros

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks maru but definitely hair and fur is not working so good like in 1.6, it is broken in 1.7. If i need carpet with nice texture on it with little transluency I cant get it to work. Maybe I am too stupid to set it up or maybe corona could admit a bug.

2017-11-22, 09:55:52
Reply #27

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Thanks maru but definitely hair and fur is not working so good like in 1.6, it is broken in 1.7. If i need carpet with nice texture on it with little transluency I cant get it to work. Maybe I am too stupid to set it up or maybe corona could admit a bug.
First we would need a better description of the issue. What exactly is happening? What was the result, and how was it set up in 1.6? What is the result now, and how is it set up? What is expected?
One thing that I can tell you for sure is that in 1.6 the native 3ds Max Hair and Fur modifier would render as regular geometry. Now in 1.7 hair is rendered as planar or tubular strands. If you do not want your hair strands to be rendered flat, you can apply a CoronaHairMod modifier to your hair and fur object and uncheck "render as planes". This will however often come with much slower rendering and just a little quality gain.

2017-11-28, 17:24:02
Reply #28

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
We have just released Corona Renderer 1.7 Hotfix 1: https://corona-renderer.com/download/
It contains some important DR fixes, including correct hair rendering, so please download and install it.
Please make sure that Corona Renderer 1.7 Hotfix 1 is installed on all computers, and that DR server 1.7 Hotfix 1 is running on all of the slaves.

If the issue will remain after installing this version, please contact us, and we will continue looking for a solution.