Author Topic: Corona 1.7 Hair and Fur still not work in DR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 8753 times)

2017-10-26, 09:06:59

Daskydesign

• Active Users
    • View Profile
HAIR AND FUR STILL NOT WORKING IN CORONA 1.7 DR
Slaves not read .stat files.

Does Corona's team think that this is not a serious problem?
because none of them responded about this problem.

2017-10-26, 10:00:53
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Thank you for this report, and sorry if we haven't replied before.
We are aware of this issue and it will be fixed.

Just one note - in the screenshot, the .stat file is under "outputs". Doesn't this mean that it's only information where the file should be saved, and not where it should be loaded from?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-10-26, 12:17:16
Reply #2

Daskydesign

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I don't know why is signed as "output" but main WS read it well.
There's another user in this thread https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=17846.0
that test it with same problem. :/

2017-10-26, 14:17:45
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I did some tests yesterday, it certainly does happen. For me it seemed like it didn't matter whether the files were on a networked drive, or copied to an exact path on the slave machine, the slave still didn't use the files with DR.

I started trying to test with Backburner and rendering in strips but didn't manage to complete that test - have you been able to test that as a workaround for rendering a single image using multiple machines? I also did not test Backburner rendering out an animation yet (each machine working on its own frame), does the problem occur there too do you know?
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2017-10-26, 14:22:03
Reply #4

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com
With BB (a single animation frame for every node) it works =)
It's only DR problem. The node doens't read the .stat file.

2017-10-26, 14:32:39
Reply #5

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Good to know, ty! Also gives a means to render an animation at the moment (if saving stat files most likely it's an animation that is being rendered rather than a still frame anyway, and in general BB or other networking solution is better to use for animations than DR, DR best used for getting multiple machines to work on one still image).

2017-10-28, 16:44:41
Reply #6

Daskydesign

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Okay. None of the Corona Team gave a concrete answer. The bug will be correct? .. and when?.......................................

2017-10-30, 10:09:27
Reply #7

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Okay. None of the Corona Team gave a concrete answer. The bug will be correct? .. and when?.......................................
Of course it will be fixed, and it is at very high priority for us.
Right now it is reported and acknowledged, and the dev team is looking into this. Once any news are available, we will share them with you. Sorry for the slow communication, but currently there is a lot of work after the release, and also it is possible that this issue is not something we will be able to fix in 1 day or 1 week. 

2017-11-11, 21:04:03
Reply #8

Daskydesign

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2017-11-14, 17:14:24
Reply #9

Daskydesign

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Are you ignoring me? (Corona Team)
Because you just got my monthly subscription money today.
For a product that does not really work well.
So I would at least know if you are going to fix it and a timeline / deadline for this.
Thank you.

2017-11-14, 18:46:53
Reply #10

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Nobody is ignoring anyone.

As I wrote earlier. This issue is acknowledged. Most probably this is an Autodesk problem, but we are looking into this to make sure. Wherever the issue is located, we will look for a way to fix this.
Unfortunately some bugs/issues may take more than one day, one month, or even one year to fix, depending on many things - complexity of the bug, additional steps required (e.g. contacting 3rd party), other high priority tasks that need to be finished first, ...

2017-11-14, 19:49:09
Reply #11

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
A quick question - are you able to get this working with, say, Mental Ray and Backburner? I just tested here in a very simple scene, created the .stat files to bake the animation, rendered using Mental Ray and Backburner, and the render nodes acted as if the hair was non-animated, they did not use the .stat files. This was "one frame to one machine" and not strip rendering (multiple machines working on the same file).

Would be interested to know if you have this working with any other render engine, and if any special steps are required to get that set up (such as, the .stat files must be on a network drive or something?)

I also tested with Corona and Backburner, but of course same result, the frames did not show any result from the baked animation from the nodes.

2017-11-14, 20:07:40
Reply #12

Daskydesign

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Okay, I ask a colleague who uses Vray to test it. ;)

2017-11-14, 20:39:04
Reply #13

Daskydesign

• Active Users
    • View Profile
A quick question - are you able to get this working with, say, Mental Ray and Backburner? I just tested here in a very simple scene, created the .stat files to bake the animation, rendered using Mental Ray and Backburner, and the render nodes acted as if the hair was non-animated, they did not use the .stat files. This was "one frame to one machine" and not strip rendering (multiple machines working on the same file).

Would be interested to know if you have this working with any other render engine, and if any special steps are required to get that set up (such as, the .stat files must be on a network drive or something?)

I also tested with Corona and Backburner, but of course same result, the frames did not show any result from the baked animation from the nodes.

Okay,
I sent a test scene to a colleague using Vray.
The result (using 2 WS with DR spawner) is that it works correctly.
Vray and 3ds correctly read the .stat files shared for Hair and Fur animations. (as you can see in the screen he sent me - Ws1 and Ws2 the same result)
Now it is 100% sure that it is a Corona DR error. ;)

2017-11-14, 20:57:31
Reply #14

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
And a Mental Ray, Max and Backburner error too :)