Author Topic: dr for interactive rendering  (Read 2154 times)

2017-10-17, 17:54:11

3di

• Active Users
    • View Profile
DR for interactive rendering which falls back to non DR briefly every time a change is made whilst the dr nodes are updated.

2017-10-25, 10:30:15
Reply #1

Per Bergs

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes please :)

2018-10-22, 16:16:58
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Requested many times. Not sure if possible. Will look into it in the future.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2019-01-14, 16:21:20
Reply #3

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
Does this now exist? I noticed it seems to be happening with the V3 hotfix. Or am I just imagining things?!
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/

2019-01-14, 16:37:57
Reply #4

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Imagining things :) DR is still single machine only, and doesn't contribute to IR. IR is however faster with the improvements made to it for Corona 3.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-01-14, 18:21:41
Reply #5

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
Ha, ok thanks.

I don't know quite what happened, but I was getting some strange effect where the render was updating over the top of the previous version in IR. It was a similar effect to when you have 'clear VBF between renders' unticked. (So I sort of got the impression one machine was rendering the previous view still.)

Oddly though, at the same time I was getting Error/Warning messages about a missing plugin on my DR machine. That's what got me thinking it was doing IR with DR.

Why would I be getting these errors on IR?
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/

2019-01-14, 18:32:32
Reply #6

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
No idea off the top of my head - would need more info, e.g. a video grab of how it looks, the scene itself, does it happen with other scenes or just that one, what was the missing plugin on the DR machine, does it still happen even if the slave machine is not running DR, even does it still happen today :) Which version of Max too. Does it happen with earlier versions of Corona, if it is still happening just now.

Not heard any similar report, which is why we'd need as much info as possible - and if you think it's a bug, best to post that information in a separate thread as it will get missed / lost in a resolved feature request thread :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us