Author Topic: This lake is mine! WIP  (Read 3407 times)

2017-10-05, 16:14:38

sinjongthae

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think it's been weeks since I got get back to my old unfinished works. Those looks all messed up, so I decided to do the whole thing from wherever I can.
And this Project, it's actually one of the proposals I made for my first client in my last studio.
But I still seeking for some idea in case it looks incomplete. So anyone here cares to give me some feedback and advice?
By the way, this is a very small resolution since I don't wanna spend too much time on some testing images. hope u guys don't mind.
Oh right, If anyone could give some tips or where I should put my camera on then I'm all ears.

Edit: this was made with Corona Renderer 1.7 R6
« Last Edit: 2017-10-05, 16:23:28 by sinjongthae »

2017-10-18, 11:42:33
Reply #1

ska

• Active Users
    • View Profile
camera is not bad at all. maybe on last try to keep whole house in shot.
but that repeating tree is very distracting...
try more random variations for trees and add 1-2 trees in scatter. and they are too bright for distance where they are,try a subtile fade on them

2017-10-18, 12:07:41
Reply #2

sinjongthae

• Active Users
    • View Profile
camera is not bad at all. maybe on last try to keep whole house in shot.
but that repeating tree is very distracting...
try more random variations for trees and add 1-2 trees in scatter.

Thank, for the random variations I have played with all settings in Itoo Forest already. Thus I'm using like 10+ trees, I think. But I still can't the good one that I'm seeking for like u said.
Do u have any good technique to share for scattering forest?

and they are too bright for distance where they are, try a subtle fade on them
I think that's because of that emission setting I used in fog. xD Anyway do u have any good reference for such atmosphere?
Though I'm looking to do more shot, ye I'm still stuck at camera view.
Thank in advance. 

2017-10-18, 15:06:14
Reply #3

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Thank, for the random variations I have played with all settings in Itoo Forest already. Thus I'm using like 10+ trees, I think. But I still can't the good one that I'm seeking for like u said.
Do u have any good technique to share for scattering forest?

I think repetition is very visible, because you planted trees on very steep hill and every individual tree becomes very much exposed, thus making repetition more easy to spot than in normal case where only tree tops are visible. Besides it's hard to believe that trees would grow so dense on such a steep hill.

I think that's because of that emission setting I used in fog. xD Anyway do u have any good reference for such atmosphere?

You shouldn't touch emission at all if you want to do believable fog. Your plans are not that deep, aerial fog/haze should be very subtle, barely perceptible in your case. I would probably try to replace Corona volumetrics with much less expensive to render max's native fog render effect. You can find more about that in forum's tutorials board.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2017-10-18, 15:14:54
Reply #4

sinjongthae

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think repetition is very visible, because you planted trees on very steep hill and every individual tree becomes very much exposed, thus making repetition more easy to spot than in normal case where only tree tops are visible. Besides it's hard to believe that trees would grow so dense on such a steep hill.

So what do u suggest? Honestly, the original goal was making an autumn forest, but it turned out crap. So I made it green instead

2017-10-18, 15:21:33
Reply #5

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I would try to make hill less steep, maybe place it more distant away. Alternatively you could make forest less dense and expose some terrain, rocks behind it. Try variants and see what works and what doesn't.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2017-10-19, 00:23:46
Reply #6

ska

• Active Users
    • View Profile
try mby to replace that one tree with many branches with another one... or fix texture color to match others

something like broccoli from distance :D

2017-10-19, 07:07:00
Reply #7

sinjongthae

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank guys, Seems like I got so much left to do. xD
Are there any other problem around that u might have noticed?