Author Topic: Noise in LightMix & wrong LightMix settings burn  (Read 3660 times)

2017-09-18, 18:04:33

Majeranek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys,
I've got problem with LightMix. There's a lot of noise in LightMix Pass when Beauty Pass is almost clean it the same time. When I tried to burn LightMix settings into the scene it's not looking exactly the same as before. There's a difference in HDRI lighting which I used as a main source of light. When I set HDRI intensitivity 3.0 in lightmix which value should be multiplied by 3 to get the same result? I tried RGB Level and Output Level but it looks different.
Is there any solution to that?
marjoramstudio.com Website
be.net/filipmalecki Behance Portfolio
Instagram Instagram Profile

2017-09-19, 10:47:34
Reply #1

Majeranek

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2017-09-19, 11:29:58
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi, there are many factors at play here.

-MSI - https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000515636
Which basically means that rendering an image and then changing exposure/light intensity in VFB is not the same as changing the light intensity first, and then rendering.
To keep consistency, you can set MSI to 0, but it will most likely introduce a lot of noise/fireflies.

-Lightmix limitations, mainly regarding sampling - https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/12000017218

Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-09-19, 11:40:45
Reply #3

grafichissimo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • METROVISUAL
Did you set the light mix in a proper way?
Are you using the denoiser and if so did you check if you applied it to every light mix passes.
Did you check if the environment is excluded on the other lights passes?
Would you save some screen shot?
In any case the light mixer looks more noisy compare with the beauty pass.
Davide Chicco - www.metrovisual.co.uk

2017-09-19, 12:52:55
Reply #4

Majeranek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
There's nothing fancy in my LightMix setup. Every light has it's own pass (despite two in windows which are close to each other).
Denoiser is set for every light mix pass.
Enviroment has it's own light pass.

I know that lightmix has more noise that beauty but most of the time when I burn settings into the scene it looks exactly or almost the same. In this case it looks a lot darker especially on upper parts of the room.
Below some screenshots.
marjoramstudio.com Website
be.net/filipmalecki Behance Portfolio
Instagram Instagram Profile