Author Topic: Beta Tomorrow?  (Read 26561 times)

2017-09-14, 18:45:49

mitchino

• Active Users
    • View Profile
According to the roadmap the release candidate beta is due tomorrow - will it happen?

2017-09-15, 08:59:48
Reply #1

Gruender

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I don't think so, after the fusion with Chaos Group I guess they look what can be implemented and how can Corona for C4D benifit from the Vray core.
Next hint is that there several points unfinished on the road map.

2017-09-15, 10:31:23
Reply #2

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Good morning from the DEV team, guys!

First, let me assure you that nothing at all changed in the development of the C4D plugin since the merge with Chaos Group. We have our roadmap of features that we want to implement and we're working on them as best as we can and nothing about the merger influences that.

Now about the release, we hope we will make it today - yes, some of the features will be missing, for example the material stack support won't make it at all. As for the rest of the features, they will be in the release in a more or less complete way. We are especially looking forward to giving you access to the interactive rendering.

That being said, occasional crashes in the interactive renderer are to be expected, so I wouldn't recommend to use it in production environment (actually, I wouldn't recommend any beta release of any software for production in this regard :-) ). If we didn't have the release date set yet, we would probably spend two more weeks polishing the interactive rendering, but this way we will be able to collect more feedback from you - the real users, while at the same time giving you the possibility to test the IR for yourself for the first time.

Thanks for your continuing support!

2017-09-15, 13:41:10
Reply #3

koubankeo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
(actually, I wouldn't recommend any beta release of any software for production in this regard :-) )

it's hard to do when the corona is so great :)

2017-09-15, 20:17:29
Reply #4

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all,

We tried to release the first daily build of Beta 1 with interactive rendering today, but it is not stable enough. I would like to apologize to all who were looking forward to testing the interactive rendering, but we don't want to waste your time when we know there are still stability problems. We are very thankful to all who are testing the Corona, and we would like to ask you for little more patience. Next week we will try to fix all known stability problems, and we will try to release interactive rendering for testing. If it is not stable, we will try to release it every next week. We are attaching the screen recording of interactive rendering to show you what we already implemented (please excuse the quality of the scene, we are just programmers after all). Thank you for your understanding.

Recording: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7xyYS3daSJ7WmFkRG1fM05uQ00/view?usp=sharing

2017-09-15, 20:36:39
Reply #5

mrittman

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.mattrittman.com
This is looking great. Really looking forward to using IR. Thanks for sharing Nikola!

2017-09-15, 21:26:28
Reply #6

shane_w

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Great work!  Looking very forward to the next release.  Thanks for the preview.

-Shane

2017-09-15, 21:30:04
Reply #7

Ealexander

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • evan alexander
Looking good - excited for this part of the engine to be implemented and looking forward to testing it on larger scenes.  Thank you for your honesty; I much prefer that you take the time to get it right then just push it out the door based on a trello card.  You guys are doing great!

2017-09-16, 00:20:07
Reply #8

digitaluka

• Active Users
    • View Profile
WOW that looks incredible. Can't wait for that interactive feedback goodness. One side note is that a Minecraft scene?

2017-09-16, 01:07:59
Reply #9

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'd be interested to know what CPU was working in the computer from the demo video.

2017-09-16, 14:50:12
Reply #10

notalk

• Active Users
    • View Profile
That preview is awesome, thanks for that.

I think it's great that you guys are delaying release until you have a more stable version.

Can't wait!

2017-09-17, 20:12:20
Reply #11

HenrikH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Wow! Looking really good!
Thanks for sharing the preview!

2017-09-17, 21:44:46
Reply #12

VogelDK

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'd be interested to know what CPU was working in the computer from the demo video.

I support question

2017-09-18, 10:35:38
Reply #13

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile

It's a high-end i7 octa-core CPU:

2017-09-18, 17:22:49
Reply #14

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you, houska.