Author Topic: Geometry/mesh volume scatter - Corona Scatter with extra D  (Read 9735 times)

2012-10-24, 15:51:31

Oltskul

• Active Users
  • "Whoa, that is lot of boxes!" Adam West
    • View Profile

- Volume scetter function for geometry.

Simply fill mesh with scattered geometry.

IMO it would be very efficient, e.g. if you want to fill room with bambilion dust particles.

I iam curently using PFlow -> Mesher -> Render. Today i will try to create "volume sctter fake" using Voronoi cells.
Corona is like some king of addictive game... "Just one... More... Render... Before... Then i will do something... Useful"

HALT!Ausnahmezeit

2012-10-24, 15:58:07
Reply #1

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Its really simple to fill a space with random instances, and I can do it immediately. The problem here is how to decide what is on "inside" (its doable, but not trivial to implement). If you would settle for now with scattering inside bounding box/bounding sphere, I can do it, otherwise, it will have to wait for a while.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2012-10-24, 16:25:09
Reply #2

Oltskul

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yeah! that would be great!

Corona is like some king of addictive game... "Just one... More... Render... Before... Then i will do something... Useful"

HALT!Ausnahmezeit

2012-10-24, 17:01:23
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
As you said, you can do this with Particle Flow or max's "Scatter" compound object. In pflow you can set your container object to delete particles touching it to eliminate intersections. Probably you can also find a free script to do this for example on scriptspot.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2012-10-24, 17:54:25
Reply #4

Oltskul

• Active Users
    • View Profile
As you said, you can do this with Particle Flow or max's "Scatter" compound object. In pflow you can set your container object to delete particles touching it to eliminate intersections. Probably you can also find a free script to do this for example on scriptspot.

But you needo to use mesher - bacause at this moment Corone does not support rendering particles..

Ive already used Pflow with Mesher, but IMO it is not very renderfriedly solution

OS.

HALT!Ausnahmezeit

2012-10-24, 19:12:08
Reply #5

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
ok, my bad
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2012-10-24, 22:56:49
Reply #6

Oltskul

• Active Users
    • View Profile

HALT!Ausnahmezeit

2012-10-26, 14:05:34
Reply #7

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
done ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2012-10-26, 15:42:28
Reply #8

Oltskul

• Active Users
    • View Profile
done ;)
OMG IMG

this is "mesh volume" or just  Box'n'sphere scatter?

Anyway!

edit: and perfect solution to box or extrude volumes is just to randomize random Z Offset
« Last Edit: 2012-10-26, 15:44:00 by Oltskul »

HALT!Ausnahmezeit

2012-10-26, 16:07:54
Reply #9

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
just box for now

2012-10-27, 09:24:00
Reply #10

Oltskul

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Awesome! but mesh volume is not implemented so far ;)

HALT!Ausnahmezeit