Author Topic: Blender Mesh Exporter speed  (Read 4088 times)

2017-08-14, 18:14:16

sugar black

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

i am not a good english speaker but i will try to do my best.

I would like to kown why the mesh exporter is so slow.

Vray for blender exporter works in the same principle than corona for blender exporter (with standalone version) but the vray exporter for blender is very fast.

Is there a solution to speed the export process ? Improve this problem will be very usefull for big scene and animation.

Thank's

2017-08-15, 00:28:36
Reply #1

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Blender exporter for Corona
Hi,

From a look at the exporter's source it looks like the vray guys have moved all their export functionality to c/c++ and use a thin python wrapper to integrate with blender.  In some cases they are even modifying Blender to make it work.

I certainly don't have the resources or time to customize blender and keep it up to date.  As blender updates it's python versions the plugin will get performance improvements.

There are ways to split up the export using proxy objects and choosing to export only the modified meshes which will speed up your workflow.

2017-08-23, 22:21:29
Reply #2

sugar black

• Users
    • View Profile
Thank's for your answer

Why not add a button (A small checkbox named "export as proxy" for example) in the "corona render" section that lets us export all meshes as proxy and load them automatically afterwards, in "Corona Objet properties - proxy settings" ?

or

Knowing that the meshes are exported in cgeo format by pressing the render button, add a checkbox in the "corona render" section that allows us to automatically import all exported meshes in cgeo format as proxy.

Thanks to this new button, its will be as if we exported our objects once. It would save a lot of time and speed up the work flow.
« Last Edit: 2017-08-23, 23:02:58 by sugar black »

2017-08-29, 14:16:15
Reply #3

elnino

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Website

From a look at the exporter's source it looks like the vray guys have moved all their export functionality to c/c++ and use a thin python wrapper to integrate with blender.  In some cases they are even modifying Blender to make it work.

Hi. Just wondering, but now that Corona and Vray are under the same roof, wouldn't it be interesting for you to get in touch with Andrey Izrantsev, the developer who wrote the exporter for Vray?

2017-08-31, 03:13:29
Reply #4

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Blender exporter for Corona
I could but that will take months of work and I don't have much free time at the moment.  In fact since working on the exporter I haven't even completed a single blender scene.

2017-09-03, 10:45:17
Reply #5

Rac Leborg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Sugar Black: I'm English born and bred and your grammar is better than mine!
Thank's for your answer

Why not add a button (A small checkbox named "export as proxy" for example) in the "corona render" section that lets us export all meshes as proxy and load them automatically afterwards, in "Corona Objet properties - proxy settings" ?

or

Knowing that the meshes are exported in cgeo format by pressing the render button, add a checkbox in the "corona render" section that allows us to automatically import all exported meshes in cgeo format as proxy.

Thanks to this new button, its will be as if we exported our objects once. It would save a lot of time and speed up the work flow.

2017-09-05, 18:42:07
Reply #6

sugar black

• Users
    • View Profile
Hahaha Thank's man

Sugar Black: I'm English born and bred and your grammar is better than mine!
Thank's for your answer

or