Author Topic: deep exr  (Read 5291 times)

2017-08-08, 17:09:48

3di

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Would corona play nicely with this?

2017-08-09, 12:48:40
Reply #1

3di

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just spoke to the developers who have clarified the workflow as:

In terms of workflow. I'm not sure if Corona renderer supports Deep Image rendering with EXR.  If it does, you just set a camera to render out a deep image exr.  That opens directly in Atom View and you have a pointcloud.  Export from Atom View as a AVC file and thats it.  This is for a camera based depth capture.  In V-Ray you can do this along with Volumetric rendering.  So you select your objects in 3DSmax and it renders them out as a pointcloud from all angles.  We will have a slew of video tutorials showing all methods of bringing in data closer to beta release.

No Textures to worry about, no UV's.  Its just a single atom view cache file (AVC)

I've been away from corona for a few versions, so havent kept up with all new features.  Does anyone know if Corona is able to do volumetric rendering to pointcloud yet?

2017-08-09, 15:10:49
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi, unfortunately Corona does not support volumetric rendering, nor deep data, unless there are some hacks/workarounds I am not aware of.
Both of these features would be very hard to implement, so they are not on the horizon yet. We are however aware that there is a growing demand for both.

btw, that video is really impressive!
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-08-10, 00:57:18
Reply #3

3di

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for answering maru.  Looks like the future of real time rendering to me.

2017-08-10, 09:04:39
Reply #4

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
It certainly looks nice impressive, but i'm not sure about the future. As far as i can tell, lighting, animation and everything is fully baked, so there's little room for interactivity. Not that kind of future i'd like to see.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2017-08-10, 09:39:15
Reply #5

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
that looks great, very great technology. but I cant imagine how it will be very heavy to render

edit:
what is their official website? I cant find it
« Last Edit: 2017-08-10, 09:48:28 by Christa Noel »

2017-08-10, 15:22:33
Reply #6

3di

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2017-08-11, 04:10:52
Reply #7

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio

2017-08-11, 11:39:12
Reply #8

3di

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2017-09-07, 23:37:36
Reply #9

3di

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It certainly looks nice impressive, but i'm not sure about the future. As far as i can tell, lighting, animation and everything is fully baked, so there's little room for interactivity. Not that kind of future i'd like to see.

I spoke to the developers the other day.  In v2 they plan to have each atom be able to store pbr data such as diffuse, metallic, roughness etc.  So there will be a choice between fully interactive and baked.