Author Topic: Alpha V6 for 3DSMax  (Read 5127 times)

2017-07-22, 21:34:16

aysigrub

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello, does the Alpha V6 version work for 3DSMax 2018? If so, how do I install it?
I missed most of my demo time so I will have to try the Alpha V6 instead.

Thanks in advance

2017-07-23, 20:00:11
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I don't think that the alpha 6 is compatible with 3ds max 2018. If you missed your demo and would like to get few extra days  to test it before deciding whether is worth purchasing or not, you could contact support and give your reasonings, maybe you'll be lucky and Corona Team will give you such opportunity: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new

Alpha 6 is such a far cry from current Corona, that it's not even worth to try.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2017-07-24, 10:42:12
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
A6 supports Max 2011-2015 and there are no plans to extend this.

Alpha 6 is such a far cry from current Corona, that it's not even worth to try.
Well, I would say it still gives you some idea of what is Corona and how it works. There are some really nice works made with A6. But we will probably need to remove it sometime soon, or maybe replace with something else?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-07-24, 14:23:04
Reply #3

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
A6 supports Max 2011-2015 and there are no plans to extend this.
2016 is also supported, you can copy the files manually from 2015, as AD did not break binary compatibility between these two releases.

As a sidenote, for a longer time we are thinking about different free version model, more closer to the freemium model. It is one of the options, besides releasing newer older version for free.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2018-12-29, 15:55:47
Reply #4

Slashtore

• Users
    • View Profile
Maybe this is a misconception. Maybe the corona commercial version is better. But the works that are impressive to this day, were made in the beta version. The same situation with my work. Moreover, if there was a version A7.1 for 3D max 2019, I would work in it.