Author Topic: Tools and Progress for a Big Pipeline/Studio - lumière  (Read 17248 times)

2017-09-12, 11:48:16
Reply #30

Phasma

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys!

from now on I will only post if there is something "real" to give away but I will stop spreading -not so real- contributions such as describing the workflow and the idea behind things as well as how we did it at the end. This might seem a little bitchy but at the end it took me some time to prepare all the information for this forum and without this I have more time doing R&D and scripting here. If you still want to know something more in detail you can always write a pm.

but lets move on to the content of today. Its a little tool generating aperture shapes

http://recordit.co/lcupoweAO8

this will be included in our own camera (that you can see on the right) and the parameters will be messured from real lenses and will come from a lens database. but here it is in a stand-alone version for you to use for free.
« Last Edit: 2017-09-12, 14:46:15 by Phasma »

2017-09-14, 16:35:11
Reply #31

ikercito

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The tool looks really interesting, I'd like to follow up on the development. Had a similar idea a couple of years ago but it lead to nothing. So keep up the good work, it really peaked my curiosity. :)

2017-09-15, 16:30:06
Reply #32

Phasma

• Active Users
    • View Profile
thanks ikercito. why did it not lead to anything? why did you stop developing?

Here is our first HDRI. I shot it yesterday after heavy rainfall.

it is color corrected, has correct light output and does not requier any adjustments regarding gamma/contrast (If you would do that It would actually end up beeing less realistic)... just put it in an CoronaOutput and check Affected by CVFB tone mapping, thats it.

its not perfect yet, I know, but for the first one It's kinda nice I think.

https://eveimages.wetransfer.com/downloads/02d7247fda7cb42982074a3512c6716e20170915142318/d05d1a

2017-09-15, 17:44:02
Reply #33

ikercito

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It simply got lost down in memory lane... (and I'm completely unable to code!)

Just downloaded your HDRI, will check it out as soon as i finish a couple of renders. I've been long time looking for enviro maps taken from a higher position (not at ground level), so kudos for you! ;)

Thanks, and keep up the good work.

2017-09-27, 18:05:39
Reply #34

Phasma

• Active Users
    • View Profile
any feedback regarding the HDRI? what would you change?

2017-11-25, 16:14:56
Reply #35

Phasma

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ok. no feedback. I testet a lot for myself now.

I am pretty much done with the whole system and I want at least show you some kind of end result.

here is a testscene with a lot of different Light situations:
http://eyedea3d.com/Renderings/all_together.jpg

and attached is another shot I liked and rendered in 4k... I might Post it again here in the gallery

2017-11-25, 18:14:58
Reply #36

danio1011

• Active Users
    • View Profile

and attached is another shot I liked and rendered in 4k... I might Post it again here in the gallery

Wow, super cools shot and mood.  Where did you get your vegetation?  Trees and ground cover look really, really good to my eye.

Interesting thread!

2017-11-25, 19:06:08
Reply #37

Phasma

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks!

Ground Plants are from various sources, can't tell exactly, but I used my special green shader on all of them. So every green you see is all one shader. It is also super simpel without any map...

2017-11-25, 20:01:13
Reply #38

danio1011

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks!

Ground Plants are from various sources, can't tell exactly, but I used my special green shader on all of them. So every green you see is all one shader. It is also super simpel without any map...

Interesting!  They have a nice look and feel to them, maybe it's the lighting and color grading that does the magic.  Feel free to share your green shader settings though :-D  :-D

2017-11-25, 21:26:14
Reply #39

Phasma

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i think its the lighting (full real world dynamic range) and the capturing (simulating a camera as close as possible)

this is without grading/post

2017-11-25, 23:13:55
Reply #40

danio1011

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i think its the lighting (full real world dynamic range) and the capturing (simulating a camera as close as possible)

this is without grading/post

Oh yep, not quite as compelling but still really nice.  I think I might also be having a positive reaction to the homogeneous nature of the greens.  Lots of times I'll tweak each tree\plant a little and end up with a bit TOO much variation.  I should try the approach of everything gets the same diffuse and translucency maps.

2017-11-26, 12:12:33
Reply #41

Phasma

• Active Users
    • View Profile
At our office - we have a lot problems regarding the greens. In the past we tried to adjust the shaders/diffuse colors again and again for the plants in our library but as we did not have a standard in lighting they were not consistend and broke in different scenes with different lighting. This was one reason I started developing this Lumiére thing. I think it was the right decision.