Author Topic: Tools and Progress for a Big Pipeline/Studio - lumière  (Read 17472 times)

2017-07-17, 16:22:05
Reply #15

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Don't have much an answer yet :- ) Just testing different methods now and see which one gets the very closest. With CGI, just sampling the values in framebuffer until it matches. Currently comparing that to luminance metering as shown by Sebastien Lagarde in his paper.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2017-08-09, 13:59:44
Reply #16

Phasma

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi there. here a little update.

regarding HDRI's we will defenitly go for an nd filter. this way we will be able to capture the full exposure range. resulting HDRIs will work out of the box without adjusting the gamma. results/free giveaway will be posted here :-). color shifts will be eliminated with the use of a spyder color chart and the corresponding software. Also we bought a nix color sensor for evaluating rgb values of everything we take fotos of. this will also clarify wich color value our gray card has, so we can rebuild it in 3D.

more infos soon.

2017-08-14, 17:48:50
Reply #17

Phasma

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2017-08-16, 13:15:48
Reply #18

Phasma

• Active Users
    • View Profile
so this is the beta of that HDRI tool - lumière_sky

It suggests HDRIs out of your HDRI Library based on the sun's altitude in degrees. then you can select a more specific HDRI from near the sun's altitude. This looks like a directional standard light but it actually does not light your scene by itself. After you lock in the desired HDRI, it will be put to the environment slot. the light's angle will be lockt as this rotation axis would not work on a spherical image. The arimuth however is still adjustable and will automatically turn the HDRI around its z axis.

This is the most simple and user friendly way to manage and load in HDRI's I could come up with. I wanted to combine the ease of use of normal lights with the renderquality of HDRI's (that are normally not as intuitive to setup)

If there are enough users that show interest in using this in there own workflow, there might be a way to make this public.

NOTE: the preview Image and the loaded Environment map in the sample are just placeholders for now

2017-08-24, 12:41:25
Reply #19

Phasma

• Active Users
    • View Profile
for artificial lights:

thanks to ondra! he wrote some special code to make these scripted plugins work!

2017-08-25, 17:35:56
Reply #20

Naxos

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Looks nice & usefull... Will it be downloadable somewhere ?
Or maybe a commercial plugin ?

Regards

2017-08-25, 19:03:51
Reply #21

iancamarillo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
yes any chance we could test it? Looks awesome

2017-08-25, 22:47:51
Reply #22

Jadefox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Renderlab

2017-08-28, 16:59:19
Reply #23

Phasma

• Active Users
    • View Profile
thanks guys! I will have a chat with my boss If we can arrange something here. At the end this thread was so supposed to give away some thoughts and workflow ideas not the tools themselves.

(although this is indeed pretty cool right there :-) )

http://recordit.co/yIlWEPnBLy
« Last Edit: 2017-08-30, 11:08:44 by Phasma »

2017-09-01, 11:48:10
Reply #24

Phasma

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello. after I had a chat with my boss: As I thought - we can not give away the custom software for free. we will not even do that on a commercial base as this is our way to produce better looking images faster and more reliable.

However this thread is here to show our way to the goal and is therefore a giveaway of research and development ideas for others. That Said, as we will soon have our HDRI shooting setup with the roundshot VR Drive, a EOS 5DsR and a ND Filter as well as color chats and such, I can happily say that we will definitlely give away a super High-Res HDRI for free! also this thread will soon show some more progress in detail and usability as well as some before and after pictures regarding render output quality... so there is a lot to come

Also: If you find this inspiring and you want to code something similar for your workflow, you are more then welcome to write a PM.

2017-09-01, 12:43:36
Reply #25

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Moving this to general CG topic, since it turned ot more of show off rather than real contribution to community.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2017-09-01, 13:52:54
Reply #26

Phasma

• Active Users
    • View Profile
OK. if this is not seen as a real contribution here, I will just stop posting then. No HDRI giveway, and no development insides. Thanks.

2017-09-01, 20:29:18
Reply #27

johan belmans

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be
calm down boys, no one is banned from the forum.
Keep up posting and give something back for the input you got so far and in the future from the users of this forum.

edit: and you were planning to do so
« Last Edit: 2017-09-02, 09:57:33 by johan belmans »

2017-09-01, 20:59:18
Reply #28

Jadefox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Renderlab
Was kinda looking forward to this
I think it was just elaborate advertising for their firm...um well played ?

2017-09-01, 21:51:29
Reply #29

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
OK. if this is not seen as a real contribution here, I will just stop posting then. No HDRI giveway, and no development insides. Thanks.

Didn't know that you're giving away HDRIs in this topic - must be slipped through my attention. If you would move links to your HDRIs in the first post, i could move that topic back.

Sorry if i badly expressed myself, i didn't mean that you're not contributing to community, of course you are, like everyone else who actively participates in forum's life. Even those who only post in gallery are contributing to community :] I just want that Corona goodies board would be filled with real goodies, where members can come, pick a topic and download something that can be used with Corona without need to filter through countless dummy threads.

I hope that this will not prevent you from informing us about progress on your script. Even if you decided not to share it with community, it's still interesting to see in to what it will evolve.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures