Author Topic: Batch Editing Images with Corona Image Editor  (Read 103288 times)

2017-08-30, 20:55:38
Reply #15

hkezer

• Active Users
  • kezerco
    • View Profile
hi, I am done with the job so we cleaned the stuff a bit, I was using 1.6horfix2, since rebusfarm only has that ( iwas using daily 1.7 actually but for rebus, we merged the file into new one). and these were the files. For me the script took around 10-15 seconds, maybe there was a problem with my computer I dont know. But in near future ill have something similar.

but some pointers

- yes it had only beauty, since its the only one I needed for that project
- What do you mean? Was it disabling the denoise and then saving? I made it wrong i guess
- about bloom, should it be off? I am not sure what do I understand about it

A question for rebus, I asked them what should i do for denoised image, because as we know, the render will finish, and then the denoise start, so I thought they might just stop it right there. So I asked them and they said I need to save it as CXR, but for example the next project is going to have around 10.000 frames, and that will be HUGE! to download and convert, do you know or suggest any other way?

I have inspected the provided CXR and conf:
  • the image contains only beauty
  • it is already denoised and the conf has denoising turned off, so the command-line editor version (CLI) running behind the batch script is not performing any denoising
  • the conf switches bloom and glare on, hence the effects has to be computed both in CLI (automatically) and GUI (after manual loading the conf)

I see nothing wrong. The CLI version (and hence the batch script) is pretty swift on my machine. It takes about 3 seconds to process it. I doubt that I would be able to do it faster in GUI by hand.

I have also checked CLI executable what it truly does for that file. Everything seemed OK.

Is it slower every time? Even on different machines? What corona version do you use?
http://kezer.co

co-founder @ ivaBOX

2017-08-31, 11:39:08
Reply #16

mike288

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
hi, I am done with the job so we cleaned the stuff a bit, I was using 1.6horfix2, since rebusfarm only has that ( iwas using daily 1.7 actually but for rebus, we merged the file into new one). and these were the files. For me the script took around 10-15 seconds, maybe there was a problem with my computer I dont know. But in near future ill have something similar.
OK, I understand. What I would like to ask you to do is test it on a different computer, since we are not able to reproduce such behavior for the files you have sent us. Would that be possible? The command-line version definitely should not be slower than the GUI version. And the batch script just runs the command-line version and passes a configuration to it.

- yes it had only beauty, since its the only one I needed for that project
No problem here. I was just saying ...

- What do you mean? Was it disabling the denoise and then saving? I made it wrong i guess
No problem here either. It was OK. The CXR image from Rebus is already denoised. You can open the image in CIE (GUI) and check it in the combo box for switching render elements. There is a "[Denoised]" mark next to element's name. The configuration file has denoising turned off. In your case it just means that the command-line CIE, i.e. the batch script, won't denoise it again.

- about bloom, should it be off? I am not sure what do I understand about it
It is turned on because you have requested it. It is not a problem. Computing bloom and glare takes some time, but shall be the same for both the GUI and command-line version. Again, I was just saying ...

A question for rebus, I asked them what should i do for denoised image, because as we know, the render will finish, and then the denoise start, so I thought they might just stop it right there. So I asked them and they said I need to save it as CXR, but for example the next project is going to have around 10.000 frames, and that will be HUGE! to download and convert, do you know or suggest any other way?
Using the script is probably the way you want to go (form my point of view). It is strange that it takes more time to finish. It would be helpful if you could test it on a different machine (measure how many seconds it takes it in GUI and in the command-line version, visually check if outputs are the same). Maybe it is something wrong with your Windows setup. Hard to say.
Chaos Scatter developer | In case of crash, please send minidump | Private uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload

2017-12-30, 01:07:10
Reply #17

alapierre

• Users
    • View Profile
Regarding activating in the script "Run denoising"...

The script seems to work for me regarding everything, saving in png also. But for some reason I'm not able to have it 'Run denoising' - which works if I do it by hand and save.

How do you set the script or configure it to activate the denoiser as if you were doing it by hand ?

Thank you

2018-01-02, 10:51:55
Reply #18

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
Regarding activating in the script "Run denoising"...

The script seems to work for me regarding everything, saving in png also. But for some reason I'm not able to have it 'Run denoising' - which works if I do it by hand and save.

How do you set the script or configure it to activate the denoiser as if you were doing it by hand ?

Thank you
Hi, it is possible - you need to set the denoise.filterType option to Full. This can be done either explicitly on the command line, or via a config file saved from GUI after running denoising there. See CoronaImageCmd.exe --list-examples for example usage of the option.
Chaos Scatter developer | In case of crash, please send minidump | Private uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload

2018-02-02, 15:36:10
Reply #19

3dboomerang

• Active Users
  • Head of 3D
    • View Profile
    • 3DFLOW
can someone pls tell me what I'm doing wrong...

see linked video - grts

2018-02-02, 17:50:51
Reply #20

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
what I'm doing wrong...

Nothing. You just need a newer Corona Image Editor, here is the fix in the daylies changelog:

https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=17972.msg116663#msg116663

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2018-02-04, 08:42:15
Reply #21

3dboomerang

• Active Users
  • Head of 3D
    • View Profile
    • 3DFLOW
ok so i used the corona image editor from corona 1.7 hotfix 2 and i'm still getting an error saying something in the sense of:

Error: "Image """ is missing channel "CORONA FB_WEIGHTS, expected to contain pixel weights"

Then (this is where it gets funny) it states please refer to the help file. There is not even any mention of CORONA FB_WEIGHTS - WHAT THE HELL ARE CORONA FB WEIGHTS?

Personaly I think it's pretty bad that I'm stuck with this for 2 days, that there's no decent video tutorial on how to use this and I'm scraping together info on the forums how to use it decent.

I'm not an IT tech guy, I'm an artistic architectural visual designer - I dont want to occupy myself with this, it's a waste of time, so please help me out so I can move forward for once, I'm puliing nighters to meet my deadlines, this isnt helping me so far..

Srry if I ranted somewhat - I'm tired and I need this fixed.

2018-02-05, 09:10:08
Reply #22

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
ok so i used the corona image editor from corona 1.7 hotfix 2

1.7.2 is from Nov 29 2017. The fix mentioned is from Dec 14 - 2 weeks later.

I would grab the newest daily here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mswauuv1afec8am/AAA5OKrd_QujokDM3mxQ7S40a
(currently "Corona_2018-01-31.exe")

and do a custom install with only the image editor taged.

FB_WEIGHTS - WHAT THE HELL ARE CORONA FB WEIGHTS?

It's the sample focus data inside the CXR.

Basically if you have some urgent issues I would rather

- open a helpdesk ticket https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new

or

- use the "I need help" section of the forum as it is permanently scanned by support

You will propably get an answer within a few hours if not minutes there. Anyway, I wonder why nobody answered here because usually support reads every single post.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2018-02-05, 10:59:15
Reply #23

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
ok so i used the corona image editor from corona 1.7 hotfix 2 and i'm still getting an error saying something in the sense of:

Error: "Image """ is missing channel "CORONA FB_WEIGHTS, expected to contain pixel weights"

Then (this is where it gets funny) it states please refer to the help file. There is not even any mention of CORONA FB_WEIGHTS - WHAT THE HELL ARE CORONA FB WEIGHTS?

Personaly I think it's pretty bad that I'm stuck with this for 2 days, that there's no decent video tutorial on how to use this and I'm scraping together info on the forums how to use it decent.

I'm not an IT tech guy, I'm an artistic architectural visual designer - I dont want to occupy myself with this, it's a waste of time, so please help me out so I can move forward for once, I'm puliing nighters to meet my deadlines, this isnt helping me so far..

Srry if I ranted somewhat - I'm tired and I need this fixed.

Hi, as Frood already said - you need newer CoronaImageCmd.exe from v2 dailies. The one from v1.7.2 won't help you with this because the switch for selecting render elements (-e), that the batch script uses, is unfortunately broken there. It should work in v2. So grab the latest daily, run the installer, select to Unpack, get the CoronaImageCmd.exe from the unpacked folder, and overwrite the one in C:\Program Files\Corona with it. Then the batch script should work.

(BTW, the "CORONA_FB_WEIGHTS" is a name of a channel holding weight of each single pixel. This is required to merge files together, as stated directly next to the error message in your screen capture. You can select different weight channel by using -w switch, as stated in help printed when running CoronaImageCmd.exe -h, as advised there too. ... But this is not source of your problems.)
« Last Edit: 2018-02-05, 11:02:57 by mike288 »

2018-02-15, 15:57:37
Reply #24

3dboomerang

• Active Users
  • Head of 3D
    • View Profile
    • 3DFLOW
thanks for the help so far guys - it's working now, still with errors though - it seems to randomly say to a few frames "error reading file" - although it opens fine?...

Grts

2018-02-16, 17:13:15
Reply #25

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
thanks for the help so far guys - it's working now, still with errors though - it seems to randomly say to a few frames "error reading file" - although it opens fine?...

Grts
You say randomly - does it mean that each time it fails on a different file? Or it is always the CShading_LightMix0009.cxr but sometimes it does not happen? Does it happen also on a different computer?

2018-02-19, 01:01:58
Reply #26

3dboomerang

• Active Users
  • Head of 3D
    • View Profile
    • 3DFLOW
i mean like every few succesful lines he's giving me a few rotten ones saying cannot read write to disk (see attachment)

this is for about 10% of the frames, then i need to restart the proces and hope there's no overlap -

totaly insaine waste of time but ok

2018-02-19, 06:32:09
Reply #27

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
did you try running it on some other computer? can you please upload your files via our private uploader so I can investigate it?

2018-03-14, 09:19:42
Reply #28

Blackpixels

• Users
    • View Profile
Very interesting stuff. Does it work with Cinema4d? In Corona VFB i find a way saving the Crt but i can find a way how to select exr crt for batch rendering. It is still in developing or am i missing something?

www.blackpixels.net

all the best,
Eval

2018-03-14, 12:21:08
Reply #29

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Batch rendering in the CIE is done by script, so is independent of what software was used to create the CXR. However, if you mean "is there script for macOS" that would be a different question, as there isn't one at the moment.

EDIT - and of course the script is right at the start of this particular thread, for Windows that is :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us