Author Topic: 1.6 - Fuzzy regions harsh falloff and leaving "dirty" pixels around edge  (Read 2350 times)

2017-05-03, 17:48:41

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
Steps:

First, disable Clear VFB between renders.

1) render something cleanly that's a decent size image
2) draw a corona region inside it
3) drag out a fuzzy region from that and render

Result is that the main corona region works fine but the fuzzy region seems to have a crazy tight "falloff" so like 85% of the fuzzy area is rendering 100% and then it very suddenly drops off to 0% over around 5 pixels in a "dirty" rectangle just running inside the fuzzy green box. So no matter what you do you're actually adding more noise to an already clean area of the image and there's no way to let Corona resolve that noise unless you render the whole area as a proper region with no fuzziness.
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2017-05-03, 19:27:47
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
+1
I reported this 1.6 dailies thread, but it probably went unnoticed. Curent implementation of fuzzy region makes it unusable in most situations. Needs to be changed.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2017-11-08, 13:09:34
Reply #2

Alexandros_Visuals

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, I've been using corona for years, I cannot think of a way fuzzy regions could be useful. Can you provide an example of how they would be implemented in your workflow?

ps. I didn't thing this question deserves a new topic :)

2017-11-10, 10:17:43
Reply #3

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
You change a detail/area in your scene (having "clear framebuffer" off). You are then able to blend the change seamlessly into the buffer with a fuzzy region without rendering the whole thing again. Quicker option than Region render -> Postproduction with soft mask. Not a final production tool but it would be useful while developing a scene/creating previews of alternatives. Atm it's rather useless for anything having those issues.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2017-11-15, 12:31:57
Reply #4

Alexandros_Visuals

• Active Users
    • View Profile