Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.7  (Read 169068 times)

2017-07-25, 11:07:32
Reply #210

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
....hmm... not happy with this this move too :(

2017-07-25, 12:02:26
Reply #211

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
EDIT:

Yep, sorry to see it go. It was useful in many cases.
« Last Edit: 2017-07-25, 13:39:10 by Rawalanche »

2017-07-25, 12:07:23
Reply #212

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
Ruh roh... it's #roundedcornergate again....

But seriously though, if we can once again have the option, that's clearly the best situation for users.
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2017-07-25, 12:26:48
Reply #213

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
As far as I'm concerned, I'll not be able to render a specific project and will need to switch to 1.6 whenever I need to render certain assets. Needless to say that's a major pain in the pants.
Please ask us if you plan to remove features users rely on, we've been through this a few times now and it's not a good way to handle changes.

2017-07-25, 12:44:49
Reply #214

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Sorry for that move, but the issue is just more complex than it seems. We just had to choose the lesser evil. We are also looking into bringing rounded corners for multiple objects back, so stay tuned! Our developers are known to accomplish impossible tasks. ;)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-07-25, 13:31:52
Reply #215

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
I agree that the situation is a bit messy, but if everything goes well, we will have new build with different objects rounded edges working in about 14 days...
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-07-25, 13:58:31
Reply #216

shadowman

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hope to see some news about htis old problem.. 😅

cleaning this as I am moving all similar reports to our internal tracking system. We will give it a shot for 1.7
it is because the reflections becomes partially classified as diffuse when lowering glossiness. Currently there is no easy fix for this

2017-07-25, 14:59:58
Reply #217

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
sorry, we won't do that in 1.7, it will remain one of top priority issues for later releases
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-07-25, 18:20:57
Reply #218

thilima

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I was comparing the two latest builds - 10/07  x  24/07

The 24/07 is cleaning the noise faster but this new improved random sampler doesn´t seems to be recognized diferently by the "noise level limit"

If I render some scene by Time limit eg.10mins.  The 24/07 build will have less noise in the same amount of time.

BUT

If I render the scene using "noise level limit" (5% for example). The 24/07 build will be slower (like 20% slower) than 10/07  to reach the same noise level. But the 5% noiselevel on 24/07 will be cleaner than 5% noiselevel on 10/07.

Don´t know why :/

2017-07-25, 18:25:40
Reply #219

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
The 24/07 is cleaning the noise faster but this new improved random sampler doesn´t seems to be recognized diferently by the "noise level limit"
Yes, this is known limitation. The noise estimation has some limitations, such as not picking this visually recognizible difference. The solution is to start using higher noise limits than before ;)

2017-07-25, 20:23:00
Reply #220

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Standards of noise have been increased recently :]
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2017-07-25, 20:33:27
Reply #221

Monkeybrother

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm very happy with the way Corona is heading, but changing functions that people rely on several times creates a bit of uncertainty. This is a sincere question, not trying to troll you: why release a hotfix for 1.6 with the rounded edges changes (that for many users is a step backwards) if you're planning on changing them again in two weeks?

2017-07-25, 21:11:43
Reply #222

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I agree that the situation is a bit messy, but if everything goes well, we will have new build with different objects rounded edges working in about 14 days...
Ok, thanks for considering this.
Maybe now is the best time to request a useful addition to the way it behaves: could you add optional direction for foreign/self object? Right now, self object produces negative direction while foreign object produces positive - could we have a dropdown for each so all output combinations are possible? That's the only thing I've been missing.

2017-07-26, 02:31:50
Reply #223

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hmm I observed ram usage increase from 28-30gigs of ram up to 42gigs on that scene i'm working on - not a big deal but seems to be on 15%++ side of things yet speed increase is surely worth it )) Anyway that scene of mine uses some proxies, some forestpack objects and some displacement - well the usual wip mess of a scene so it's hard to tell what can be chewing that additional ram + one strange thing I observed while doing some 4k preview rendering of it - scene started to render using some amount of ram then it did displacement + secondary gi and went up to 42gigs (well more or less the usual thing) then it rendered to around 4 passes (around 10 min or something) using those 42gig and then, suddenly, while rendering 5th pass it jumped down to 36gigs - never seen Corona behave like this - maybe it's something wrong on my end and that initial bigger than +15% ram consumption increase difference I'm observing is not normal after all.

Corona has always had a higher usage of ram at the beginning then it tapers down when it starts making passes.

2017-07-26, 18:56:38
Reply #224

steyin

• Active Users
  • BALLS
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Page
That speed increase for 5-15% more RAM tradeoff might be very troublesome, especially in an office environment where IT/ownership won't spend the $ for more RAM for several computers.