Author Topic: Corona for Cinema 4D Beta 1 daily build  (Read 207040 times)

2017-12-24, 11:27:58
Reply #1035

tasmich

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Same here, but cannot really identify the problem... it looks like there is no pattern but generally when playing with materials - tags

2017-12-24, 11:30:38
Reply #1036

tennet

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Good Monday
Just installed latest Daily 12-21 and the HDRs placed on the Sky Object won't update in IR when rotating the Sky. I can see the texture (HDR landscape) rotate in the viewport, but the light and shadows doesn't update. I have to restart IR to see my changes. Had the same problem in an earlier Daily Build, but then it was fixed.. now it seems to be back again? Anyone else? (Running Win 10).

2017-12-24, 19:58:53
Reply #1037

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just installed latest Daily 12-21 and the HDRs placed on the Sky Object won't update in IR when rotating the Sky. I can see the texture (HDR landscape) rotate in the viewport, but the light and shadows doesn't update. I have to restart IR to see my changes. Had the same problem in an earlier Daily Build, but then it was fixed.. now it seems to be back again? Anyone else? (Running Win 10).

Seems to be related to my issue: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=18703.0

2017-12-28, 17:45:53
Reply #1038

walterfog

• Active Users
    • View Profile
corona image editor and corona standalone, versione b1 rc1 ( the latest released ) crash every time on cinema 4d R19 OS X Yosemite 10.10.5
attached the picture...

2017-12-30, 01:29:35
Reply #1039

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just noodling about with the latest 21/12 beta and Im still getting non occluding objects for things like shadows with the IPR. Even if I restart the IPR its still the same. Attached an ipr screen grab and a full render version. Also copying render instances has required an IPR manual restart for them to show up.

Other than that, great responsiveness to material and camera changes.

Really cant wait to get nodal material creation in the next release. That is going to be so fantastic.

2018-01-02, 15:36:43
Reply #1040

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Also still getting disappearing render instances in the IPR. They are there on full render but not in interactive. Anyone else with this? The scene I am working on has the original planting on a hidden layer to the renderer but the instances are on a visible layer. As said, works fine as final render but not visible in IPR. Might have something to do with it?

OK worked it out. The parent null that homes the instanced planting was on a hidden to render layer but the plant instances themselves are on a visible to render layer. C4D natively always goes on the actual layer each object is on even if the parent is on a different layer. This must be why the final render shows the instances and the IPR doesnt as I assume the IPR isnt following the same rules. They are odd rules I admit but there are occasions where its useful. Hopefully easy to fix.
« Last Edit: 2018-01-02, 15:57:40 by Rhodesy »

2018-01-02, 16:23:07
Reply #1041

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Also still getting disappearing render instances in the IPR. They are there on full render but not in interactive. Anyone else with this? The scene I am working on has the original planting on a hidden layer to the renderer but the instances are on a visible layer. As said, works fine as final render but not visible in IPR. Might have something to do with it?

OK worked it out. The parent null that homes the instanced planting was on a hidden to render layer but the plant instances themselves are on a visible to render layer. C4D natively always goes on the actual layer each object is on even if the parent is on a different layer. This must be why the final render shows the instances and the IPR doesnt as I assume the IPR isnt following the same rules. They are odd rules I admit but there are occasions where its useful. Hopefully easy to fix.

Hi Rob!

Could you prepare an example scene for us with this setup? That would be highly appreciated :-) Thanks

2018-01-02, 17:04:51
Reply #1042

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Cestmir. I have just uploaded a scene to the bug report upload section on the website.

Not sure what is going on as when I tried it with cubes then all worked as expected. But when I imported a plant I get the issue - two of the three plants show up in the final render but none of the plants show in the ipr. I have tried changing the layers of the materials so they are on a visible layer but that doesnt help. I suppose the IPR and the final output should be identical anyway in terms of objects showing up so there is definitely something fishy.

Thanks
Rob

2018-01-02, 17:36:18
Reply #1043

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Thanks, Rob! You are right - the goal is to have IR output exactly the same objects as the final output

2018-01-02, 18:53:55
Reply #1044

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Hi Cestmir. I have just uploaded a scene to the bug report upload section on the website.

Not sure what is going on as when I tried it with cubes then all worked as expected. But when I imported a plant I get the issue - two of the three plants show up in the final render but none of the plants show in the ipr. I have tried changing the layers of the materials so they are on a visible layer but that doesnt help. I suppose the IPR and the final output should be identical anyway in terms of objects showing up so there is definitely something fishy.

Thanks
Rob

I am just looking at your scene and you assigned tags to layers. What the heck? What good is that for? :-)

2018-01-02, 19:05:45
Reply #1045

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Welcome back Mr. H ;)

I really hope I am not being a pain in the arse but are there perhaps any news regarding the threading issues? I've just had a buddy contact me that he is also experiencing super duper stutters using the IPR and VFB in general.
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2018-01-02, 22:19:43
Reply #1046

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Thanks
Rob

I am just looking at your scene and you assigned tags to layers. What the heck? What good is that for? :-)

Hi Cestmir, how do you mean? That's just how layers are represented in the object manager, the little box takes on the colour of the layer colour? No tags involved?

2018-01-03, 09:09:54
Reply #1047

walterfog

• Active Users
    • View Profile
corona image editor and corona standalone, versione b1 rc1 ( the latest released ) crash every time on cinema 4d R19 OS X Yosemite 10.10.5
attached the picture...

sorry... there is any news about this issue ? other users found the same problem??

2018-01-03, 10:30:41
Reply #1048

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Hi Cestmir, how do you mean? That's just how layers are represented in the object manager, the little box takes on the colour of the layer colour? No tags involved?

No, I mean assignment of tags to layers. For example, in your scene, some of the Phong and Texture tags are assigned to a layer (see pic), but I found that it has a very limited use (from what I tried, only editability works; animations, render visibility and viewport visibility all don't work - even in Standard renderer). This is really a bit of an offtopic, but I was curious to learn something new from C4D.

2018-01-03, 10:51:43
Reply #1049

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ah yes that just happens by default - I tend to use the Ctrl drag on to the layer name method which puts everything including tags it seems on to that layer. I used to use Nulls for organising my scene but more recently I've moved out of the dark ages and been using layers and nulls, but the only way of putting a null with all its children on a single layer in one move is to do the ctrl drag to layer name method as far as I know.