Author Topic: Corona for Cinema 4D Beta 1 daily build  (Read 207337 times)

2017-10-10, 14:51:19
Reply #645

tomislavn

• Active Users
  • Lightbringer
    • View Profile
    • My 3docean Portolio
Maybe you can replicate it like this Nikola - simple cube with beveled edges and corona material on it with just diffuse and reflection checked. It does appear through IR and normal render as well (not only IR like for MacMac).
Thank you for testing Tomislavn. Could I ask you what the problem with this scene is? I created it according to your description, and it works on my both Macs without crashes, and I can edit it in any way, and changes are visible in IR.

Nikola

Hey Nikola, notice the weird reflection artifacts on bevel? I think it is the same behaviour as MacMac mentioned on his sphere object.
My 3d stock portfolio - http://3docean.net/user/tomislavn

2017-10-10, 15:02:28
Reply #646

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Maybe you can replicate it like this Nikola - simple cube with beveled edges and corona material on it with just diffuse and reflection checked. It does appear through IR and normal render as well (not only IR like for MacMac).
Thank you for testing Tomislavn. Could I ask you what the problem with this scene is? I created it according to your description, and it works on my both Macs without crashes, and I can edit it in any way, and changes are visible in IR.

Nikola

Hey Nikola, notice the weird reflection artifacts on bevel? I think it is the same behaviour as MacMac mentioned on his sphere object.
Aha, you mean the problem of the burnin's sphere. I can reproduce that problem, but Mac_mac has a really strange problem with crashes and slow rendering speed, so I want to fix this first, then I will try to fix the problem with artifacts.

Nikola

2017-10-10, 16:40:01
Reply #647

Mac_Mac

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Nikola

Aha, you mean the problem of the burnin's sphere. I can reproduce that problem, but Mac_mac has a really strange problem with crashes and slow rendering speed, so I want to fix this first, then I will try to fix the problem with artifacts.

Nikola

Thanks Nikola :)
This is how it looks on my MacPro 2xQuadCore Intel Xeon...previous IR was faster on this machine.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9QObP0EzFT7ZVZ6TDZ5TEQ1ZTg

2017-10-10, 17:16:34
Reply #648

tomislavn

• Active Users
  • Lightbringer
    • View Profile
    • My 3docean Portolio

Nikola

Damn, yes sorry, it was burnin not Mac_Mac. Sorry for the confusion caused :)
My 3d stock portfolio - http://3docean.net/user/tomislavn

2017-10-10, 18:17:30
Reply #649

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks Nikola :)
This is how it looks on my MacPro 2xQuadCore Intel Xeon...previous IR was faster on this machine.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9QObP0EzFT7ZVZ6TDZ5TEQ1ZTg

Thank you for the video. Was there the "Computing sec. GI" render phase in the previous build during IR? And when you change the "Render Settings -> Corona -> General settings -> Global illumination -> GI Solver" from "UHD Cache" to "Path tracing" does it improve the speed to the speed of previous build? Can you please send me the _BugReport.txt file please?

Nikola

2017-10-10, 19:43:47
Reply #650

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Not sure if it was reported - if I have an animated scene, when I change frames in the timeline with IR running, IR doesn't udpate (it does redraw, but the scene doesn't update - in this case it was a simple object rotating via keyframed animation).
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2017-10-11, 12:35:24
Reply #651

Mac_Mac

• Active Users
    • View Profile
IR with path tracer works awesome :)
But I definitely need option for IR window size.
When my final output is 4k I don't want to change this res only for speed up IR.
I think percentage button would be the best option.
Thanks!

2017-10-11, 12:53:08
Reply #652

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
IR with path tracer works awesome :)
But I definitely need option for IR window size.
When my final output is 4k I don't want to change this res only for speed up IR.
I think percentage button would be the best option.
Thanks!

Yes, you are right. This is planned to work exactly as in 3DSMax version - the IR resolution will be set automatically according to the VFB size

2017-10-11, 15:10:43
Reply #653

Kost4d

• Active Users
  • Working and Learning Hard
    • View Profile
    • Behance Portfolio
For my regret even in this version IR can't see C4d noise shader in color channel. PV is ok!

2017-10-11, 21:28:35
Reply #654

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

2017-10-11, 22:54:33
Reply #655

koubankeo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
thank you, the new build looks very good! HDRI with sky does not crash and preview size works very well !! But I can't test this build anymore because I use kendo shaders on every scene. He's causing a crash in the last two releases. Please try it as much as possible, try to fix it :) I want to try the new release :) Otherwise I have found out that IR does not change HDRI with the sky when rotating the sky .. thanks guys

2017-10-12, 13:26:42
Reply #656

Marvey

• Active Users
    • View Profile
in this last build when i select various objects and apply a new shader to it, viewport dont update the new material.

2017-10-12, 13:35:12
Reply #657

stanDM

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

in Corona A6.3 you can render using Hardware OpenGL or Software OpenGL mode just fine. But in the latest beta (2017-10-11) you get empty object when you render in this mode in C4D R19. In C4D R18 you get black object instead. Strange, because in OpenGL viewport you can see materials just fine.

It is unfortunate as HW OpenGL renders are great for animatics and quick animation previews.

Stan

2017-10-12, 13:56:13
Reply #658

stanDM

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just found out that it has something to do with Projection side type in Texture tag settings - if you choose Front or Back instead of Both, it does render in HW OpenGL!

EDIT: it looks like Corona swaps Front and Back and this creates some mess ...

Stan
« Last Edit: 2017-10-12, 14:06:27 by stanDM »

2017-10-12, 18:10:23
Reply #659

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
More than one object grouped in null under symmetry (A) will not show in IR (B).  When ungrouped (C) it renders fine (D).

What about now with the newest version, is symmetry working for you? (it should be :-) ) I know Nejc Kilar also reported it...