Author Topic: Corona Image Editor feedback  (Read 37154 times)

2017-03-29, 02:36:40
Reply #15

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@cecofuli - yes, I know. Ryuu was asking for pointers regarding what was less obvious. That's why I wrote it.

@Tanakov - I don't know. Did you?

2017-03-29, 15:31:59
Reply #16

shadowman

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Cool idea, looking forward!

1. undo/redo
2. load multiple images? (just curious)
3. hotkeys
4. ability to adjust (hue/sat/brightness, etc..) materials of individual objects (pre-defined before rendering)
5. color management

2017-03-29, 18:19:56
Reply #17

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com
In short, Corona TEAM, we want CIE like Motiva COLIMO (^____^)

« Last Edit: 2017-03-29, 18:24:17 by cecofuli »

2017-03-29, 18:30:41
Reply #18

mike288

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
CIE feedback:
1. tooltips do not respect boundaries of the screen and are hard / impossible to read when editor is maximized.
2. bloom&glare could have some sort of indicator that would show up when calculations are being made. On bigger images b&g calculation might be quite lengthy and it's hard to tell if it's done already or not when changes are subtle.

@antanas, if you're constantly using photographic exposure instead of simple one, maybe it's worth to save it as defaults? Just saying... :]

1) this has been fixed and will be in the next DB
2) this is planned to implement

Thank you.
Chaos Scatter developer | In case of crash, please send minidump | Private uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload

2017-03-29, 19:08:47
Reply #19

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be
Here my feedback,

some issues have already been mentioned by others:
-yes a progress bar during applying of glare and bloom would be welcome.
-the possibility to define a default location for the LUTs on a network.
-Now, for browsing through all the LUTs (up and down arrow key) you need to have the flip menu of the Luts open. It would be handy if you just have to highlight/select one LUT.
-Add "curves" like in Corona VFB.
-Now all the changes are saved on Render elements, if you click on Save All (vignetting on Z-depth pass, ......). Could this be only saved on the beauty pass?

2017-03-29, 19:25:59
Reply #20

Ryuu

• Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
Curves and sharpening/blurring will be added soon. We just didn't have the time to implement it in CIE yet.

Am I right guessing  that you guys would also like some kind of "bloom&glare recomputing" indicator also in Corona VFB?

2017-03-29, 19:50:48
Reply #21

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be
Am I right guessing  that you guys would also like some kind of "bloom&glare recomputing" indicator also in Corona VFB?
Yes

2017-03-29, 20:01:55
Reply #22

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Maybe, but only unobtrusive one. Not like denoising progress bar in CIE that shows in pop up window.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2017-03-30, 19:21:08
Reply #23

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Bloom and Glare are not working for me in the CIE from March 29th release - anyone else having this issue? Have tested with a CXR and regular EXR and have been unable to see any Bloom / Glare effect in either test.

Thanks!
   Tom
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2017-03-30, 19:42:32
Reply #24

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Works here, but i can't be 100% sure if CIE is from  Mar 29 build - it lacks any kind of "about" info...

2017-03-30, 20:41:51
Reply #25

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Checked against an older version I have, and the older one does bloom and glare, but the new (contained in the Mar 29th build) version doesn't, at least for me!

Also, have found this EXR that won't open in either old or new version of CIE, it was saved from the VFB. It will open in Photoshop. If I save as CXR, it will open in the CIE. Wow, I have gone acronym crazy :)

Attaching the EXR here for diagnostic purposes (I was just experimenting with Scatter and saving out to test bloom and glare while in there, if anyone wonders what the heck the rather random image is!) In the CIE, it opens as solid red, but opens fine in Photoshop (using the EXR-IO plugin there).

2017-03-30, 21:00:54
Reply #26

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
Thank you Tom, I will look into it ASAP and let you know.
Chaos Scatter developer | In case of crash, please send minidump | Private uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload

2017-03-30, 21:31:53
Reply #27

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Cheers! Let me know if you need anything else for testing purposes - you know where to find me lol!

2017-03-31, 12:17:41
Reply #28

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I think CIE should ask user if he wants to save existing file before new one can be opened or drag&dropped.

Bloom and Glare are not working for me in the CIE from March 29th release - anyone else having this issue? Have tested with a CXR and regular EXR and have been unable to see any Bloom / Glare effect in either test.

I found that if you load some regular exr or cexr that was saved with B&G being turned off, then bloom/glare doesn't work in CIE, but if you load cexr with B&G being turned on, then it magically unlocks that effect and after that it will work with any exr for that session.

2017-03-31, 13:32:16
Reply #29

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
Thank you romullus. Both issues have same purpose and will be fixed in the next daily build.