Author Topic: Corona Image Editor feedback  (Read 39019 times)

2018-02-21, 16:44:40
Reply #165

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ok, thanks so far. It would preferable to have that in the CIE rather soon but I guess it needs another batch of work in a place which you thought was finished probably.

Something different - I believe there are still problems with alpha when using either B&G or S&B and using saved EXRs in After Effects, for example. I got some nasty vertical lines yesterday when working in AE in a 32bits comp, and while switching the comp to 8bits or 16bits wasn't as bad the alpha channel had odd artifacts on the white/black borders. This was with an image from an NDA project so I'd need to find a good repro case. As far as I remember it was reported a few times on the forum already. Not sure if it's limited to CIE only or if the issue is present in the Max plugin, too. I'll try to find some time to dig a bit deeper and give you a useful repro case.

2018-02-22, 11:22:15
Reply #166

mike288

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
Ok, thanks so far. It would preferable to have that in the CIE rather soon but I guess it needs another batch of work in a place which you thought was finished probably.

Unfortunately I cannot give you any time estimations.

Something different - I believe there are still problems with alpha when using either B&G or S&B and using saved EXRs in After Effects, for example. I got some nasty vertical lines yesterday when working in AE in a 32bits comp, and while switching the comp to 8bits or 16bits wasn't as bad the alpha channel had odd artifacts on the white/black borders. This was with an image from an NDA project so I'd need to find a good repro case. As far as I remember it was reported a few times on the forum already. Not sure if it's limited to CIE only or if the issue is present in the Max plugin, too. I'll try to find some time to dig a bit deeper and give you a useful repro case.

Aha, I am not sure whether we know about this bug. Is it in daily? Do you have a forum link where it has been reported? It would be great if you could also provide us a scene or/and CXR where it is happening. You know the private uploader ...
Chaos Scatter developer | In case of crash, please send minidump | Private uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload

2018-02-22, 12:57:29
Reply #167

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'll give it a go later and see if I can reproduce, I guess it will happen with any scene but need to find out what exactly causes it. Thanks!

2018-02-22, 20:23:20
Reply #168

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'll give it a go later and see if I can reproduce, I guess it will happen with any scene but need to find out what exactly causes it. Thanks!
Thanks!

Found some time to test it - turns out it's not a CIE specific problem and it's not a problem with alpha but the beauty and probably any other element when using Sharpen & Blur.
Posted in Bug Reports: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=19423.0

2018-02-23, 07:27:34
Reply #169

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
Thanks!

Found some time to test it - turns out it's not a CIE specific problem and it's not a problem with alpha but the beauty and probably any other element when using Sharpen & Blur.
Posted in Bug Reports: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=19423.0

Thanks for that!
Chaos Scatter developer | In case of crash, please send minidump | Private uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload

2018-03-26, 09:29:47
Reply #170

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
Hey CIE is a beautiful tool - very usefull :) Most of my spotted bugs are corrected in the Hotfix but still:
Tone mapping + LUT is applied on maps where it should not (ZDepth, ID...).

Thank you.
Hi, CIE in next Corona v2 daily build will correctly limit tone mapping (and gamma) only to those render elements that are expected to be tone mapped, as it is in Corona VFB.

2018-03-30, 03:39:29
Reply #171

Dippndots

• Active Users
  • Alex Fagan Co-Founder at The Faction
    • View Profile
    • The Faction
Would it be possible to save 16-bit PNGs from the CIE?

We suffer from that obnoxious 3ds Max bug where we can't save PNGs directly out of the render, so our workflow at the moment is to render to CEXR, save EXRs from CIE and then batch process them to 16-Bit PNGs in photoshop, which we then use for the final image building.

2018-04-03, 12:26:09
Reply #172

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
Would it be possible to save 16-bit PNGs from the CIE?

We suffer from that obnoxious 3ds Max bug where we can't save PNGs directly out of the render, so our workflow at the moment is to render to CEXR, save EXRs from CIE and then batch process them to 16-Bit PNGs in photoshop, which we then use for the final image building.
Recording it as a feature request. Thanks.

2018-09-01, 15:45:31
Reply #173

sprayer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Could you discuss feature of making CIE free or new free tool for a purpose of sending render with lightmix to client for adjusting colors on their own? Or web service, or executive standalone file with lightmix image.

2018-09-12, 13:18:49
Reply #174

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
Could you discuss feature of making CIE free or new free tool for a purpose of sending render with lightmix to client for adjusting colors on their own? Or web service, or executive standalone file with lightmix image.
Thank you. Recording it as a feature request/idea. Meanwhile, even now you can use CIE for 45 days for free. So you can send CoronaImage.exe (eventually with required DLLs) to the client together with renders and he/she can do the magic ...

2018-11-02, 12:40:05
Reply #175

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for finally implementing 16 bit output to TIF - great!

One thing though - if Alpha channel is ticked, the resulting TIF opens with the alpha already applied to the image (pixels in black alpha areas already removed). I'd prefer it to be saved as a separate alpha channel, just like when you save it from Max. Is this possible?

2018-11-05, 18:34:42
Reply #176

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Can anyone comment on the alpha with TIF post above?

Also, is there a way to inspect a CXR file in CIE, I'd be interested to see the meta-information like passes rendered, noise level, render time, or whatever else there might be included. But mostly pass count, noise level and render time.

2018-11-12, 10:13:33
Reply #177

Ryuu

• Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
Hi, we're currently investigating the alpha issue.

AFAIK there's currently no way to view the metadata in CIE. It is planned, but it is not really among the highest priorities, to be honest.

2018-11-12, 10:42:23
Reply #178

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, we're currently investigating the alpha issue.

AFAIK there's currently no way to view the metadata in CIE. It is planned, but it is not really among the highest priorities, to be honest.

Ok, thank you.

The metadata would be very useful, if only to see what the render time or pass number was so you can match the quality if you need to re-render something.

2018-11-30, 21:29:24
Reply #179

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Another request (I know I'm getting annoying with all those requests) - if rendering to CXR with Denoiser set to 'Gather data for later', would it be possible to include both datasets, for Quality AND Fast denoiser? I figure we probably want to have all options available in CIE if choosing that option. Is this possible?