Author Topic: Could we have the ability to uvtiling a bitmap without using c4d projector?  (Read 6216 times)

2017-03-09, 04:41:12

Victor Liu

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Everytime I want to uvtiling a bitmap must put the map inside a projector effect,when the map is just few,that's all right,but when deal with layer mix textures this really noisy and wasting lots of time,could we just have the ability to uv tiling it inside the corona bitmap node?that will be pretty cool!

2017-03-09, 23:05:26
Reply #1

shane_w

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2017-03-10, 07:57:57
Reply #2

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
You can tile directly in the material tag.

While that works it actually tiles all of the bitmaps at the same time. I think what Victor Liu is talking about is to have the ability to control each individual bitmap you use in your material (i.e you want different sized diffuse map and reflection maps...) :)
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2017-03-10, 10:35:03
Reply #3

Victor Liu

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2017-03-17, 07:51:46
Reply #4

Mor4us

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • MAD Imagery

2017-03-28, 15:01:48
Reply #5

fabio81

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2017-03-28, 15:43:46
Reply #6

synolog

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2017-03-28, 16:11:19
Reply #7

fabio81

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It would be more useful if it worked the mixes textures

https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,14809.0.html

Hi, have you tried the corona layered material?

the problem is to have two different types of mapping.
With layered material is has one material with more layers but it will only be applied one mapping.

2017-03-28, 19:21:38
Reply #8

synolog

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It would be more useful if it worked the mixes textures

https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,14809.0.html

Hi, have you tried the corona layered material?

the problem is to have two different types of mapping.
With layered material is has one material with more layers but it will only be applied one mapping.

Ok, i've understood: you want to mix different corona materials (not only textures) with the mix tex of the attribute manager. The only way is to use one material with the attributes of the materials you want to mix inserted in layer shaders.

2017-03-29, 11:26:49
Reply #9

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Everytime I want to uvtiling a bitmap must put the map inside a projector effect,when the map is just few,that's all right,but when deal with layer mix textures this really noisy and wasting lots of time,could we just have the ability to uv tiling it inside the corona bitmap node?that will be pretty cool!

Victor, the official way to do it is indeed through the projector shader. It's actually not that cumbersome to work with it: Did you know that you can add the internal shader into the shader slot first and then override it with the projector shader? Then the projector will automatically take the previous shader as its subshader, so it's just two extra clicks with a mouse. All the other clicks and UI interactions you'd have to do anyway, even if the projection was inside the Corona bitmap UI.

Also, Corona for C4D optimizes the projector shader, so that it does not slow down the execution of the internal shader.