Author Topic: Team Render working now?  (Read 13027 times)

2017-02-06, 09:48:22

NEWSTREAM

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Sorry if this question has been answered already but is Team Render working now with A6.1 ?
I've successfully installed Corona on the clients by dragging the Corona folder from the main machine to the plugins folder of the client machines. When trying to TeamRender, I get nothing happens and I get the following feedback from the clients: http://bit.ly/2kJiDKP

Any feedback appreciated...
Kind Regards / Alex

2017-02-06, 14:04:08
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
The full dev work on ensuring Team Render works is scheduled for Beta 1, the next release - see roadmap at https://trello.com/b/dgI8vjDb/corona-road-map-cinema-4d

At present, Team Render "may or may not work" - I have reports of some people using it successfully, and other experiencing issues with it at the moment. Until the next release, there's no guarantee of full stability and functionality, though.

Hope this helps!
   Tom
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2017-02-06, 14:07:00
Reply #2

NEWSTREAM

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for your input on this Tom!  :)
Ok, I'll just wait until the next Beta 1.

Kind Regards / Alex

2017-02-06, 18:40:44
Reply #3

hog0

• Active Users
    • View Profile
teamrender is currently working, as far as i can tell from your pics, the reason your nodes dont see each other is some firewall setting problem or you didnt correctly setup the "key-password-token thing" you need to do when you add a "renderclient" to the "renderserver"

for the plugin problem, just copy everything thats in your c4d plugin folder and paste it into the clients plugin folder.. i could post the windows folder paths but i guess it wont help much on mac..

on my network i got 1 host and 4 slaves teamrendering fine without any problems so far. still looking forward to DR beeing superior to TR in terms of speed and proxy-support ;)

2017-02-06, 21:52:04
Reply #4

fabio81

• Active Users
    • View Profile
yes, the team render works and I'm using it!

There are some problems:

-synchronization of all the Tone Mapping parameters (exposure, highlight, contrast ...) just move the values to update them.

-denoiser doesn't work when the render finishes

-the statistics don't work

-Bloom and glare don't work
« Last Edit: 2017-02-07, 09:05:28 by fabio81 »

2017-02-07, 12:49:58
Reply #5

NEWSTREAM

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks everyone for your help.
I think I have found the reason why the clients cannot NET-render.
On each client I get the message that the Vray plugin is missing (ID 1019782).
https://www.dropbox.com/s/im3pifdvfcgskld/Screenshot%202017-02-07%2012.44.40.png?dl=0

This is strange because I'm working on a test scene with no Vray tags or elements whatsoever.
Super strange.

Cheers / Alex

2017-02-07, 15:49:26
Reply #6

hog0

• Active Users
    • View Profile
every installed plugin counts for any scene you wanna netrender, tags used or not.. i suggest you copy your vraybridge pluginfolder from your workstation to the correct teamrenderplugin folder on each renderslave - this should get rid of your problem.

2017-02-07, 15:58:42
Reply #7

hog0

• Active Users
    • View Profile
yes, the team render works and I'm using it!

There are some problems:

-synchronization of all the Tone Mapping parameters (exposure, highlight, contrast ...) just move the values to update them.

-denoiser doesn't work when the render finishes

-the statistics don't work

-Bloom and glare don't work

the only things that are not working when using teamrender are denoiser, corona proxies (unless you have a copy of the .cgeo at the exact same hdd location on every slave) and statistics at this point.

bloom & glare like exposure/contrast/highlight compression do work even on teamrender. what you need to do is:
1. hit "normal" render so VFB opens and the scene is starting to render
2. cancel the render and hit the teamrender-2-pictureviewer button

the VFB will update with the image but with wrong exposure/contrast/highlightcompression and no bloom&glare.
in order to get all those working, just change settings and wait a few seconds ! i recommend to turn off bloom & glare until the render is done 100% because only your host machine will calculate bloom & glare, and that takes some seconds on high pixel images!

2017-02-07, 17:12:33
Reply #8

NEWSTREAM

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It works now!
I copied all plugins to the clients - Boom! Everything just works now :)

T H A N K  Y O U
everyone very much for your kind help.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l2p45e4ulovl0kx/Screenshot%202017-02-07%2017.07.06.png?dl=0

Kind Regards / Alex
« Last Edit: 2017-02-08, 10:02:27 by NEWSTREAM »

2017-02-17, 17:36:45
Reply #9

rojharris

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm having an odd issue with TR sort of working but the image is 'building' up from the bottom of the screen upwards? It doesn't just appear and refine like it should... Has anyone seen this issue? Any help much appreciated

Thanks

2017-02-18, 01:18:12
Reply #10

hog0

• Active Users
    • View Profile
this is totally normal (for me at least..) just let it work through the #of passes you set before... if your slaves finish and the image isnt yet done (from bottom up) the main will still keep finishing alone.. sadly we dont get a full screen all-at-once progressive over TR but hopefully DR will fix this later on ;)

2017-10-28, 12:41:33
Reply #11

haffy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, I am not even new to C4D but will buy it soon (as I want Corona). I am looking into team render, need it..

Does team render work with Corona now?
Does it work with plugins like Forester? Do I need to install the plugin(s) on the clients too?

2017-10-31, 11:32:44
Reply #12

NEWSTREAM

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm consistently getting slower rendering times via Team Render (10 slaves / nodes) than rendering locally on my main workstation. Is there any hidden setting I've missed in order to speed up Team rendering. The networks is a high speed 1000mps.

Tips or advice highly appreciated.
Kind Regards / Alex

2017-11-14, 18:10:32
Reply #13

Evolist_ua

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, we are all users of the c4d. We are very much looking forward to the team render, Trello states that you plan to release it at the end of the year. Is it likely that you will release it at the end of 2017, and will not transfer it to 2018?

2017-11-14, 23:39:44
Reply #14

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Hi Evolist_ua!

The team render is working already. It has a few issues, but it should be functional. You can actually try it yourself! The more people test it for us, the better!