Author Topic: Mix textures mapping  (Read 14285 times)

2017-02-03, 11:03:25

fabio81

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

it is possible to run the mix textures? It is very useful to create different mappings for the same object! Now it does not work
thank you

2017-03-29, 11:36:49
Reply #1

chuzhirui

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

it is possible to run the mix textures? It is very useful to create different mappings for the same object! Now it does not work
thank you

This is a Must Have Feature!!!!:)

2017-03-29, 12:59:12
Reply #2

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile

2017-03-29, 13:10:15
Reply #3

fabio81

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, basically, this is a duplicate of https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,15193.0.html , right?

Hi,
Yes, right.
But with the effect projector as you say, you do not get exactly the same results, because it is scaled only the portion that you see in the editor (120x120).
It will be possible in the future to implement the functions of the texture mixes?

2017-03-29, 13:16:38
Reply #4

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
But with the effect projector as you say, you do not get exactly the same results, because it is scaled only the portion that you see in the editor (120x120).

I think that's only in the shader preview. If you use that material in the scene, the textures will be repeated correctly.

2017-03-29, 13:54:52
Reply #5

fabio81

• Active Users
    • View Profile

I think that's only in the shader preview. If you use that material in the scene, the textures will be repeated correctly.

with the projector does not have the possibility of mapping in 3 dimesioni and edit mapping angles.

2017-03-29, 14:17:33
Reply #6

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
with the projector does not have the possibility of mapping in 3 dimesioni and edit mapping angles.

Yes, it is possible. Look at the picture from R17

2017-03-29, 14:56:08
Reply #7

fabio81

• Active Users
    • View Profile
ok, but there are synchronization problems because the projector works well when it is combined with the same projection.
If I apply a different projection mapping (cubic and uv does not work)
With the method texture mixes you would do it all with half the time and in a functional way.

2017-03-29, 15:27:06
Reply #8

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Isn't this just the feature announced for the upcoming Beta 1?
I really hope it will be in, adding dirt or text or ... is so complicated right now.

2017-03-29, 15:37:44
Reply #9

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
ok, but there are synchronization problems because the projector works well when it is combined with the same projection.
If I apply a different projection mapping (cubic and uv does not work)
With the method texture mixes you would do it all with half the time and in a functional way.

I am really sorry, but it works for me if I try it. Could you post a scene where it's incorrect, please?

Anyway, a colleague just told me that texture mixing is planned in later stages of development.

2017-03-29, 15:39:58
Reply #10

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Isn't this just the feature announced for the upcoming Beta 1?
I really hope it will be in, adding dirt or text or ... is so complicated right now.

Yes, it's planned, but the interactive rendering needs to be finished first.

2017-03-29, 16:01:31
Reply #11

fabio81

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Anyway, a colleague just told me that texture mixing is planned in later stages of development.

2017-03-29, 16:46:19
Reply #12

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, it's planned, but the interactive rendering needs to be finished first.
Thx for your reply.

So not for Beta1?
But as long as it will be in, I have something to be looking forward to ...

2017-03-29, 17:19:47
Reply #13

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
So not for Beta1?
But as long as it will be in, I have something to be looking forward to ...

Well, as you correctly showed in your picture, it's in the Beta 1 plan, so hopefully it will make it in. In any case, it needs to wait for the interactive.

2017-03-29, 19:04:08
Reply #14

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It was in the roadmap for the alphas already, therefore my concerns ;)
But I will be patient, after all the dabbling with Corona so far, waiting has always been worth it.

Btw: Congratulations for a great renderer! When I first read about it, I thought: Why another pure CPU renderer, all the world is going mad about the GPU ones? After trying it out, I thought: Why did the world have to wait so long for such a great renderer!

CU
Michael

2017-03-31, 06:59:38
Reply #15

synolog

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi , i've found a strange and maybe usefull way to mix materials in a layered material using the mograph multishader with nested projector shaders and moghraph color shader for B/W control. What do you think?

2017-03-31, 11:14:42
Reply #16

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Hi , i've found a strange and maybe usefull way to mix materials in a layered material using the mograph multishader with nested projector shaders and moghraph color shader for B/W control. What do you think?

Quite a crazy setup, but it should work. Jutst bear in mind that every extra shader in the material pipeline will mean a slowdown while rendering (except for projectors - those are optimized).

2017-04-09, 07:35:24
Reply #17

synolog

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, i'm using Poliigon textures following this
and this
that are for MAX. I'd like to know if there is a similar "add gamma to input" in the corona_normal for c4d. Is it possible to add another diffuse channel directly in the corona_new_material? It could be usefull to add AO in a more simple way.