Author Topic: Vray 3.0 open beta  (Read 32945 times)

2013-09-04, 10:14:52

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
http://www.v-ray.com/

Who may participate in the V-Ray 3.0 for 3ds Max beta?
The beta is open to licensed users of V-Ray for 3ds Max.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2013-09-04, 10:48:22
Reply #1

tavisual

I sent the request right now ;)

2013-09-04, 11:26:47
Reply #2

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Meeeeh, already decided not to buy another upgrade.
They want 250 Euros now for 1 RENDERNODE LICENSE. It used to be free but isn't anymore. Way to pricey for me. No DR anymore, no network rendering anymore? No money from me anymore.
(yeah... i know... you could argue that this is standard with other engines and that this is normal for xyz and blabla softwares but I bought a vray lic with unlimited free rendernodes and now, when upgrading, i loose this feature)
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2013-09-04, 11:52:45
Reply #3

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
do they have some # of rendernodes included in the workstation licence for free?
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-09-04, 12:05:37
Reply #4

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks

Unified Licensing
In V-Ray 3.0 the User license and Render Nodes are licensed separately. This allows for unified licensing across applications and reduces the cost for individual User licenses. The new price of V-Ray 3.0 for 3ds Max User license + 1 V-Ray 3.0 Render Node is $1050/ €750. Single V-Ray Render Nodes 3.0 cost $350 /€250.
http://vray.info/news/article.asp?ID=557

2013-09-04, 12:41:18
Reply #5

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-09-04, 13:50:00
Reply #6

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
There's actually a lot more bullshit in there than I thought.
"V-Ray 2.x licenses will remain active for a 6-month grace period from the date of upgrade to V-Ray 3.0.
A special V-Ray 2.4 build will be available to provide compatibility with V-Ray 3.0 licenses."
Which sounds like it will not be possible to render "unlimited" with 2.4 either if you're going to update.

But anyways, still enough vray fanboys to just blindly buy it.

Feeling spoofed the second time by chaosgroup (2.0 upgrade was nonsense too) but I'm happy because it's a good thing for Corona.

2013-09-04, 17:10:27
Reply #7

Chakib

• Active Users
  • Corona Omnomnomer !
    • View Profile
1 license per node...what a joke !

this is like the shit cloud thing of Adobe CC, customers were so damn angry :D

2013-09-04, 17:19:50
Reply #8

tavisual

This is a good news for Corona :) not for vray users, this pissed me off a lot. I don't kow if I'm gonna update it honestly..
How can you pretend something like that especially in a critical moment like that?

It's a good way to lose customers ;)

2013-09-04, 23:11:37
Reply #9

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Actually it's not that absurd, and hardly overpriced. Upgrade option provides pretty cheap price for nodes.
It's simply moving more into Entertainment market with studios that can easily afford this, and will compete with Arnold and so-likes, which have pretty much the same price politics on nodes. It's nothing new.

It's decent update imho, way more that I expected, but not that miraculous. Definitely plan on upgrade, as currently Corona and Vray compliments themselves well in our production.

1 license per node...what a joke !

this is like the shit cloud thing of Adobe CC, customers were so damn angry :D

Except that for most part, CC deal is pretty damn good. And while there won't be future CS continuation, current CS version will continue to exist and be possible to buy. Vocal groups were angry but world continues to turn. Due to discount from Behance, we run full cloud (every single Adobe app plus shit ton of bonuses) for 30 euros per month already including 10euros for ProSite. That's uber cheap compared to if I wanted to buy CS6.0 PS/AE/Premiere.
« Last Edit: 2013-09-04, 23:16:46 by Juraj_Talcik »
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2013-09-05, 00:12:10
Reply #10

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com
Ok, wait... for an upgrade of a single User License and 6 universal Render Nodes, it would be $700.  An upgrade to 2 User Licenses and 22 universal Render Nodes would be around $1960.

2013-09-05, 01:06:00
Reply #11

Stan_But

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/archdizs

2013-09-05, 01:18:24
Reply #12

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com
If you look better, the price isn't so high. VRay is very powerful renderer, complex. I used VRay 10 years and I only pay 2 times. For a small business, 6 nodes is ok. If you have 11 nodes, your business is not so little and you can pay 1300 euro for this license/nodes.

2013-09-05, 11:10:32
Reply #13

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Hm.... I'm not sure what this actually means but Vlado wrote this in the chaosgroup forums vray 3.0 beta thread

I'll put it this way (and it's painful to have to say it): we are not in a position to be able support free unlimited rendering in any form or shape anymore after the release of 3.0

Best regards,
Vlado

2013-09-05, 11:45:48
Reply #14

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Keymaster should start feeling a bit guilty now. :)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us